• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going to follow along to see where they end up putting everyone, I'm not going till December, but I'd like to know which one to book lol

I’ll gladly concede later if I’m wrong here, but I’m generally going to give Disney the benefit of the doubt on creating a pleasant guest experience with however they craft this new setup. There are a fair number of “upcharge” events you can do on any given MK day.... EMM, Tiana’s Dessert Party, HEA desserty parties, FoF dining packages, etc. All of these are run with what I’d say most consider to be a reasonable guest count for the capacity of any given venue/offering. I’m going to “assume” this will be no different. TBD of course! :-)

Also, I’m glad to see increased food offerings besides desserts. So long as it’s not an “afterthought” like the current cheese tray, this is a plus in my book.

The only question left is, who is going to be there 5/28+ and will volunteer to report in on what they see? :-)

No doubt. But maybe you could elaborate a bit on why youre not worried considering the details that Disney has published about this new offering, since people clearly are worried? No one’s doubting your experience! :)
I can assure you that Disney wants guests to have a great experience and I'm confident that will be the case here. Although I'm biased, I can't believe that they'll have a ticketed event where Guests are packed in like sardines. Let's see what the plan is.

They can add more people and have two shifts of the party. One before the fireworks (get out!) and the second after. One party is in one plaza garden, the other party is in the other plaza garden.
So group A eats dessert, watches fireworks in garden A and then leaves. Group B watches fireworks in garden B, eats dessert and then leaves.

This is the only logistics that makes sense to me. Based on reports - they cannot fit a whole other party into the one plaza without ruining the experience. But will wait for reports and will cancel my November plaza party if sounds like they jam everyone in.

"Now you can experience the legendary fireworks over Cinderella Castle from a special viewing area in the Plaza Garden, and afterwards, head on over to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant and indulge in a delicious array of all-you-care-to-enjoy desserts!

On the menu for this sweet experience are treats inspired by each of the lands of Magic Kingdom Park. Among the offerings are the S’mores Action Station (Frontierland), Pineapple Delights (Adventureland), Ooey Gooey Toffee Cakes (Liberty Square), Macarons (Fantasyland), a Cookie Table (Tomorrowland), and Strawberry Tarts (Main Street U.S.A.)." Also including savory snacks and fruit/cheese.

The above was posted by Kenny the Pirate and sounds like an entirely different menu than what is offered at current HEA Fireworks Dessert Party. Wondering whether they are changing current offerings so both Plaza Garden Dessert parties will serve same desserts.

I’ll gladly concede later if I’m wrong here, but I’m generally going to give Disney the benefit of the doubt on creating a pleasant guest experience with however they craft this new setup. There are a fair number of “upcharge” events you can do on any given MK day.... EMM, Tiana’s Dessert Party, HEA desserty parties, FoF dining packages, etc. All of these are run with what I’d say most consider to be a reasonable guest count for the capacity of any given venue/offering. I’m going to “assume” this will be no different. TBD of course! :-)

Also, I’m glad to see increased food offerings besides desserts. So long as it’s not an “afterthought” like the current cheese tray, this is a plus in my book.

The only question left is, who is going to be there 5/28+ and will volunteer to report in on what they see? :-)

Absolutely fair points! And yes, we need someone to book it for 5/28 and report back LOL!

I am also excited about the savory options. On our party day we have a 2pm brunch and that's it. I know we'll be hungry!

Wondering whether they are changing current offerings so both Plaza Garden Dessert parties will serve same desserts.
Some breaking info about a format and offering change:
New 'After Fireworks Dessert Party' debuts May 28
Because of the popularity of the Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park, we are expanding the experience starting May 28 so more Guests will be able to enjoy it. During the After Fireworks Dessert Party, Guests will delight in prime fireworks views from the Plaza Garden, followed by a delectable dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace once the show has concluded.

An enhanced menu will also debut May 28 at all Magic Kingdom dessert parties, which includes additional savory snacks such as spinach dip and house-made mini eggrolls, as well as the popular Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from Liberty Tree Tavern.

Absolutely fair points! And yes, we need someone to book it for 5/28 and report back LOL!

I am also excited about the savory options. On our party day we have a 2pm brunch and that's it. I know we'll be hungry!
Same here we are eating at 2:00 so we will be hungry. Last year we ate at Ohana at 4:00. Never again, I was still stuffed at the party.

"Now you can experience the legendary fireworks over Cinderella Castle from a special viewing area in the Plaza Garden, and afterwards, head on over to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant and indulge in a delicious array of all-you-care-to-enjoy desserts!

On the menu for this sweet experience are treats inspired by each of the lands of Magic Kingdom Park. Among the offerings are the S’mores Action Station (Frontierland), Pineapple Delights (Adventureland), Ooey Gooey Toffee Cakes (Liberty Square), Macarons (Fantasyland), a Cookie Table (Tomorrowland), and Strawberry Tarts (Main Street U.S.A.)." Also including savory snacks and fruit/cheese.

The above was posted by Kenny the Pirate and sounds like an entirely different menu than what is offered at current HEA Fireworks Dessert Party. Wondering whether they are changing current offerings so both Plaza Garden Dessert parties will serve same desserts.
That is an entirely different menu, I hope there are sweets not mentioned there. Seems to me there were a lot more options when I was there last fall.

Ummm....OK.... Tomorrowland... Cookie Table... I was digging the theme until this one! :rotfl:

Hmmm...we have the plaza garden viewing party for 6/10/2018. HEA is at 9:15 PM, park closes at 10 PM. Wondering if this would give us any more time in the park then, before the fireworks.

I really dont like that if they are in the same garden then the people who book the dessert party before the fireworks will be SOL on prime spots. Thats the whole reason I even booked the dessert party

Some items not on Kenny's list.

Spinach Dip with Crackers
House-made Mini Taco Egg Rolls
Disney Character-themed Desserts
Ice Cream
Chocolate-dipped Strawberries

So do you know if they will be changing the menu for the earlier party so both parties will serve same items? Oops just saw you have answered my question already....

So do you know if they will be changing the menu for the earlier party so both parties will serve same items? Oops just saw you have answered my question already....
I can't imagine they would have different items, that would be way too much work. The release also stated that the other dessert party would have updated offerings as well.

Well
I can't imagine they would have different items, that would be way too much work. The release also stated that the other dessert party would have updated offerings as well.
I just hope they don't get rid of that nutella thing at the Star Wars party.

Both times we did the HEA party, there was a bit of open space in the viewing area. That's what made it feel nice! Not being piled in. It also helps justify the price

Now, if they see empty space and say, hey we have some unsold business opportunities here, that is up to them.

But from a consumer POV, I think it's unrealistic to think that putting more people into a given spot is going to enhance the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter