I have not done the after party, only the before. But I have been following this thread, and I believe that several people have said that there didn't seem to be any official end time for the after dessert party. They were welcome to stay, even after the park had closed, and they didn't feel rushed at all. It's much like the stores on Main Street - the park may be closed, but they're happy to have you shop for a while after that. I expect there may come a point where they won't be bringing out many new fresh trays of desserts, but it should be well stocked for as long as most people are there.

Looking for some opinions. We will be in WDW the first week of June. I'm considering booking the plaza garden viewing dessert party. We've never done a dessert party before AND we've never seen HEA before (it was Wishes during our last trip). My concern is about sitting down/standing up. My husband has a back issue that makes it difficult to stand in one place for extended periods of time. I thought about the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing, but that view just looks so much worse than the plaza garden that I don't want to do that, even though it would have a chair he could sit in. I've read some reviews that seem to indicate that if you sit along the back fence, you could be able to stay seated, even during the fireworks, because most people tend to crowd toward the front. For those who have attended before, would you say that is accurate?

Can someone tell me if your entire group has to be there to check in for the after party?

We've only done the before party, but the entire group didn't have to be together at check-in for us. Our daughter and her boyfriend were doing other things, and they arrived at check-in after we did, with no problem. I imagine it would be the same for the after party.

Looking for some opinions. We will be in WDW the first week of June. I'm considering booking the plaza garden viewing dessert party. We've never done a dessert party before AND we've never seen HEA before (it was Wishes during our last trip). My concern is about sitting down/standing up. My husband has a back issue that makes it difficult to stand in one place for extended periods of time. I thought about the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing, but that view just looks so much worse than the plaza garden that I don't want to do that, even though it would have a chair he could sit in. I've read some reviews that seem to indicate that if you sit along the back fence, you could be able to stay seated, even during the fireworks, because most people tend to crowd toward the front. For those who have attended before, would you say that is accurate?

He could certainly stay seated at the back if he wanted to. He would likely have no difficulty seeing the fireworks because they're so high. The only issue may be seeing the projections on the castle, since they're lower. It would just depend on whether people are standing in front of him. Many people are considerate enough to try not to stand directly in front of people who are sitting. And you are right that a lot of people move forward when the show starts.

We've only done the before party, but the entire group didn't have to be together at check-in for us. Our daughter and her boyfriend were doing other things, and they arrived at check-in after we did, with no problem. I imagine it would be the same for the after party.
Thanks! Next question is, can I check everyone in for the after party without them being with me? Like could I go get our wristbands while they ride another ride? I'm just remembering how crowded the area between the Terrace and the Garden gets with people needing to leave the hub via the bypass. Would be nice to get our bands when check in opens and then just come back to the garden when we are ready to grab our spot, since we wont be eating our desserts til afterwards.

I’ve not done either yet, but to save my husband pain I would pick the terrace party. I don’t think it’s really that much worse of a view, and it could save him from having a bad night or a bad day the next day. My husband too has a bad back, and if he were coming in this trip with us in July, we would for sure choose terrace. I figure with the price tag it has, it can’t be that bad. The fence option isn’t guaranteed and many probably want it.

I have a bad back and did both last year. I prefer the terrace for my back. The view was fine. We couldn’t see castle projections that well but enjoyed the fireworks from chairs. The garden area was not good for my back. I was along the back fence but could not sit comfortably at all on the ground. Not at all. I couldn’t stand it. I ended up standing and kind of leaning back on the fence and sort of sitting on it. That was much better. I could see most of the castle projections and fireworks were more centered but that didn’t matter to me. Sitting at a table on a chair with a back was significantly more comfortable for me

Finally getting around to doing a review: We did the Terrace party on 3/3.

It was amazing and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. We got a table right on the rail and the view was great. Sure we didn't get the full "right in front of the castle" vantage point, but honestly I didn't care about that at all. We were able to see most of the projections and it was SO MUCH BETTER to be able to sit down and enjoy the show at a table and not in the grass, and not standing around being pushed and shoved in a crowd. Plus, Tinkerbelle flew right over us! I don't know how I'll go back to watching fireworks the "regular" way!

We checked in about 6:50 and got seated right away. The desserts were good, I liked all of them. I didn't try any of the savory options but my sister said the cheese tasted off.

If it's your first time seeing HEA and you want the perfect viewing angle, then the garden party is the better choice. but, if you're like me and have either seen the show before or aren't concerned with the perfect experience, I recommend the Terrace party 110%!!

My pictures of the fireworks don't really do the view justice because of the way I was holding my phone... I just sat it on the table and snapped a few quick pics during the show, so the rail got in the way. But from what my eye saw, it was great!

Our table:

ZuKVnLo.jpg

The show:

pEfJO5N.jpg

wXhD4FO.jpg

eHjJ4Tj.jpg

zE8XNri.jpg

Hi there,

First, let me start by saying my family truly loved, loved both parties and would partake again in either dessert party in a heartbeat. In saying that, I would not hesitate recommending The Terrace View for your hubby’s sake. It gives him, as well as yourself, an opportunity to eliminate your worries about him sitting/standing, seeing/not seeing, and solely focus on enjoying the show. To be honest, if you happen to attend a sold out, or even closely sold out party, his castle view will be obstructed @ either party. My 5y/o daughter, Mother, and myself attended a Plaza party last Sept (nonpeak) and although it was wonderful, we were packed like sardines which eliminated the opportunity for each attendee to squish towards front to view projections. Also, in my opinion, the garden attracts families of all ages, but especially families w/ very little ones who may find it a challenge to sit in one place for a long period of time. The Plaza gives them an area to move about until showtime. All this being said, I 100% recommend u go forward w/ Terrace view.

Picture from Sept. 2018 Garden View Party...

6B0EE7E0-F61A-4368-83CB-2C213B92822D.jpeg

Thank you to those who shared their opinion. I appreciate having people with back issues relay their experiences. My husband isn't the type to complain--he's more likely to silently overdo it and suffer the next day (or for the rest of our trip!). It's making me reconsider the terrace option. Appreciate the input!

We are booked for May (Friday before Mother's day), but I'm debating whether to cancel. I eat gluten free and my kids are not big eaters. However, my daughter cannot sit still and does not do well in very crowded spaces. The crowd prediction for that day is a 4, so not too bad. Would we be able to find a decent spot if we show up 20-30 minutes earlier? Or should I just keep the reservation?

Quick question: for the terrace party, is the seating pre determined or come first serve first? Would it help to come early for a table with a better view? Thanks!

Quick question: for the terrace party, is the seating pre determined or come first serve first? Would it help to come early for a table with a better view? Thanks!

Someone who has recently attended please chime in if anything has recently changed, but I believe tables are assigned as reservation is made over phone or online.

Now seating is first come first served. So coming early should put you more front and center. Most seating is along the front rail thankfully with a row behind it.

We are booked for May (Friday before Mother's day), but I'm debating whether to cancel. I eat gluten free and my kids are not big eaters. However, my daughter cannot sit still and does not do well in very crowded spaces. The crowd prediction for that day is a 4, so not too bad. Would we be able to find a decent spot if we show up 20-30 minutes earlier? Or should I just keep the reservation?
If your daughter does not do well in crowded spaces and you opt not to do the dessert party, do not try to watch the show from the front of the castle. It will be a mob scene even on the slowest of days, as you really need to see it front and center for the full effect. If you opt to watch behind the castle, you’ll miss the projections but will have a glorious view of the fireworks (position yourself with your back to the castle, facing Pinnochios). Alternatively, if you watch from Fantasyland, the bursts will appear to be all around you. But if seeing the projections are important to you, do the garden party. You’ll have a perfect view and much more elbow room for your daughter.

If your daughter does not do well in crowded spaces and you opt not to do the dessert party, do not try to watch the show from the front of the castle. It will be a mob scene even on the slowest of days, as you really need to see it front and center for the full effect. If you opt to watch behind the castle, you’ll miss the projections but will have a glorious view of the fireworks (position yourself with your back to the castle, facing Pinnochios). Alternatively, if you watch from Fantasyland, the bursts will appear to be all around you. But if seeing the projections are important to you, do the garden party. You’ll have a perfect view and much more elbow room for your daughter.

Thank you! If it's going to be a mob even with 'slow' crowds, then we'll definitely do the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter