MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you didn't see my post above, I called Disney and they said that since children under three are free, they do not require a ticket to EMM. So theoretically, you (and I) shouldn't run into any issues. I am going to EMM on May 20th with a 2 year old and infant plus husband (and only 2 adult tickets to EMM)

Thats great news. Since we are going on May 8, I will get to be the "tester". I will for sure post back here after check-in and let you know if we had any hiccups.

Count me in on the "hoping for 9/16" train...we were really hoping it'd be offered this day and I started planning my dining around it.

Do we know when they're going to go on sale for anything beyond September 4?

Count me in on the "hoping for 9/16" train...we were really hoping it'd be offered this day and I started planning my dining around it.

Do we know when they're going to go on sale for anything beyond September 4?

FYI, I have a resort reservation starting 9/9. 9/9, 9/11, and 9/18 are bookable in my +10 window.

FYI, I have a resort reservation starting 9/9. 9/9, 9/11, and 9/18 are bookable in my +10 window.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern when certain Tuesdays or Sundays are skipped. When the May dates were released I was hoping Sunday, May 6 would be available. Even though the Sunday before that and the two Sundays after May 6 are EMM days, May 6 never became an option. Luckily May 8 could also work for us.

So I’ve been checking everyday for 4/24 and today there is 1 ticket available. We are a party of 3(?), 2 Adults, 1 child, 1 infant. I also have a BOG PPO for that morning. In order for me to book 1 EMM, I need to cancel my BOG ADR. I’m not sure if I should go ahead and book the EMM, in hopes I can get 2 more. I’m afraid if I give up my PPO ADR, I won’t be able to get it back and what if I don’t get 2 additional EMM tickets. I figure worse case, I go to EMM alone? But I think I’d feel guilty! oh the Disney struggles.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern when certain Tuesdays or Sundays are skipped. When the May dates were released I was hoping Sunday, May 6 would be available. Even though the Sunday before that and the two Sundays after May 6 are EMM days, May 6 never became an option. Luckily May 8 could also work for us.

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Does anyone know if they ever go back and add a day? I would do Tuesday if I had to but that would mean doing the Halloween party on Sunday night which messes up my Monday plans. Don't they know I have a plan here?!?

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Does anyone know if they ever go back and add a day? I would do Tuesday if I had to but that would mean doing the Halloween party on Sunday night which messes up my Monday plans. Don't they know I have a plan here?!?

If they have added dates after-the-fact, it has been rare, if at all. It wouldn’t be the norm.

My ‘guess’ is that Sunday will have 8AM park opening hours, so doesn’t have EMM. When Disney made park closing 6pm for MVMCP dates last year, a lot of those dates during busier times (not all, but some) ended up having 8AM park openings. I’m speculating that’s what may be in play here - MNSSHP now having 6pm park closings, perhaps more 8AM park openings as we get deeper in the fall, etc.

If they have added dates after-the-fact, it has been rare, if at all. It wouldn’t be the norm.

My ‘guess’ is that Sunday will have 8AM park opening hours, so doesn’t have EMM. When Disney made park closing 6pm for MVMCP dates last year, a lot of those dates during busier times (not all, but some) ended up having 8AM park openings. I’m speculating that’s what may be in play here - MNSSHP now having 6pm park closings, perhaps more 8AM park openings as we get deeper in the fall, etc.

If they did a Thursday night MNSSHP that would all work out, but I think I read they're mostly on Sunday's Tuesday's and Friday's. DH will do the EMM no matter what day they offer it because he loved it so much last time, but man it really messes with my flow!

This is the thing that stresses me out most about Disney planning. You *have* to book at 180+10 to get the reservations you really want, but they don't give you the full information you need so it's like shooting darts in the dark. But, I'm sure there are tons of posts on that topic.

Refresh my memory, would the 8am opening be for everyone or just those staying at a Dis resort? Thanks.

Everyone. So in other words, a regular park opening - not EMHs.

Got it. Thanks. I, like others, are really looking forward to these EMM dates being released for Oct. I’m not planning my entire trip around it but the convenience and cost are factoring into my planning for sure. It would be ideal if EMM was on sunday’s in Oct (for us) but it’s not looking good given Sept ‘18 and Oct ‘17 dates.

I would reserve a date that can work so you have it. You can always cancel later if they add more dates. As @GADisneyDad14 said your date choice will probably be an 8:00 am opening which is what I suspect for a May 6...which is also not my plan lol

My daughter and I attended EMM on 3/4 and had a fantastic time! We checked into POR very early that morning and caught a bus from POR to the MK at 7:05am. It was our first time staying at POR and I was so surprised that it only took us 10 mins to get to MK. We checked in for EMM around 7:30 and were let in right at 7:45. We rode PP first since that is always our first ride at MK. We then rode 7DMT 8 times in a row. We could have ridden it a bit more but we were both done at that point. We didn't try to ride Pooh but took some time to take a few photos and just walk around before heading back over to PP. At that point, the rope drop crowd had arrived so we headed to breakfast. We had gotten up really early that morning and didn't worry to much about beating the rope drop crowd to other rides. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and just took a little time to unwind. Our first FP was at 10:40 so it all worked out great. I'd gladly do it again. Feel free to ask any questions! :)

Are you able to get your photos from 7dmt during this time?

Does the MNSSHP impact the days they choose in October? I noticed some Thursday's last year. That would be a good day for me this year - Thursday, October 4. We are doing a quick stay before our cruise leaves on Saturday.

Does the MNSSHP impact the days they choose in October? I noticed some Thursday's last year. That would be a good day for me this year - Thursday, October 4. We are doing a quick stay before our cruise leaves on Saturday.

My thinking is yes- because on those days, they might open the park earlier due to it closing later. Just a theory though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter