MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Transportation our entire trip was stellar. We used busses and the boats exclusively and have 0 complaints. Normally, we'll grab a Minnie Van here or there, but just didn't need it. Our longest wait was to Disney Springs, but it always is and no surprise at all. And even that was 20 minutes at most. I did find that for MM, bus arrival times weren't available, but we got down to the bus stop early so no problems.
Same for us. Transportation was fine for EMM and our DAH events. We just got to the bus stops early, and experienced zero
problems.

Our family did EMM this morning. We are staying at POP and had no issues with getting to MK early. We were able to ride SMDT 3 times, PP twice, Pooh twice and Small World. We could have easily done PP and SMDT more but our SIL really wanted to ride It’s a Small World. We really liked the EMM especially when everyone was coming in at rope drop and we were enjoying breakfast. I would do it again. For me it was worth the money.

Our family did EMM this morning. We are staying at POP and had no issues with getting to MK early. We were able to ride SMDT 3 times, PP twice, Pooh twice and Small World. We could have easily done PP and SMDT more but our SIL really wanted to ride It’s a Small World. We really liked the EMM especially when everyone was coming in at rope drop and we were enjoying breakfast. I would do it again. For me it was worth the money.

This is good to hear. The last page of this thread has been pretty disappointing with the reviews of MK EMM. I understand being disappointed about a popular ride being down, but your experience shows unfortunately that person didn't get the luck of the draw that day. Riding SDMT THREE times....PP TWICE....wow. That, in itself, would make EMM worth it for me and my family. I could care less about the breakfast. I like the thought of being in MK and in one of my favorite areas with less crowd and multiple rides on our favorite rides without the wait or having to use FP. At rope drop, we would be on our way to Frontierland to get to BTMRR while the other rope drop people were herding towards Mine Train!

For those who have been recently have you seen any photopass photographers out in fantasyland available to take pictures in the near-empty land?

For those who have been recently have you seen any photopass photographers out in fantasyland available to take pictures in the near-empty land?
I didn’t notice any outdoor photo pass opportunities aside from one on Main Street as you walked towards the castle. In fantasyland it was just the usual ones in the princess meets and 7d.

We were there on 5/5 and didn't see any Photopass photographers around. It was my kids' first trip (ages 4 and 2) and I was really disappointed the photographers weren't out. I knew we'd be going at a slower pace with the little kids and was hoping to get some good photos of their first time ever in MK. Oh well! We still got pictures with near-empty Fantasyland on our phones.

Is anyone else bummed they will not be offering this in October.

I wouldn’t say I’m bummed.... but I enjoy the “optionality” things like EMM, Disney After Hours, etc, provide on any given trip - so when they aren’t there, it does impact our trip style to some extent.

Heading to EMM in June. Just doing a day trip, in and out in one day. After parking, what's the best way to get to the park? I am not seeing much on the monorail running or the ferry going. We plan to park by 6:45.

Heading to EMM in June. Just doing a day trip, in and out in one day. After parking, what's the best way to get to the park? I am not seeing much on the monorail running or the ferry going. We plan to park by 6:45.

Some sort of transportation will be available from the TTC "at least 30 minutes prior to EMM opening" other words at 7:15. The monorail is usually running but if not the ferry will be. And as a last case resort they will have TTC to MK gates buses running.

During our stay in February when we last did MK EMM the monorail was up and running at 7:00am.

You will most likely find only the resort Monorail running. on our last trip a couple of weeks ago however the monorail didn't start till like 7:20.
It was cutting it close, but we were still able to be at MK gates before they let everyone in.

The time before that we were there, the resort monorail was running since 7 AM. I've read reports here that only the ferry was running, but didn't experience that myself.

Sorry if I am being a bit dense, but what do you mean by the resort monorail? Is it just running to the resort and not to MK?

Sorry if I am being a bit dense, but what do you mean by the resort monorail? Is it just running to the resort and not to MK?

There are two MK monorail lines - the Resort Monorail and Express Monorail.

The Resort Monorail goes in a clockwise loop and stops at TTC, Poly, GF, MK, CR, then back to TTC.

The Express Monorail goes counter-clockwise on a different beam and just goes back/forth from TTC to the MK.

Often at that early hour, it’ll just be the Resort Monorail running. They add the Express into operation a bit later.

The Resort Monorail usually starts at 7am for most days. Earlier if the park has unusually early times.

Hope that helps!

I was reading the literature on EMM, and it says:
"On select Sundays and Tuesdays, the newly expanded Disney Early Morning Magic offering will take place from 7:45 AM to 10:00 AM."

I know that breakfast runs until 10, but I've also read reports of people being allowed in fastpass lines between 9 and 10. Does this only happen as compensation when rides are down during the event, or is this the norm?

I was reading the literature on EMM, and it says:
"On select Sundays and Tuesdays, the newly expanded Disney Early Morning Magic offering will take place from 7:45 AM to 10:00 AM."

I know that breakfast runs until 10, but I've also read reports of people being allowed in fastpass lines between 9 and 10. Does this only happen as compensation when rides are down during the event, or is this the norm?

I believe it only happens when ride(s) are down during the event. The following is listed under Know Before You Go:

Know Before You Go
Learn all you need to know about this special event—including where to check in and when you can enter the park.
  • Around 9:00 AM, the theme park will open to Guests with regular Magic Kingdom admission tickets and event-only attraction access will end.

I believe it only happens when ride(s) are down during the event. The following is listed under Know Before You Go:

Know Before You Go
Learn all you need to know about this special event—including where to check in and when you can enter the park.
  • Around 9:00 AM, the theme park will open to Guests with regular Magic Kingdom admission tickets and event-only attraction access will end.
Makes sense... Thank you! I missed that part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter