MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Went today as part of a party of 8. It was atrocious. Overcrowded, mine train not working with nothing added to compensate, no additional fast passes given, and no communication from Disney, other than an alert that Christmas party tickets for tonight were still available for purchase.
That must have been so frustrating. Disney is capable of better customer service than that.

Hi...can someone explain why this wouldn't be as good as the old version that just ended? It seems like the same thing plus a few extra rides but I must be missing something!! Thank you

Hi...can someone explain why this wouldn't be as good as the old version that just ended? It seems like the same thing plus a few extra rides but I must be missing something!! Thank you
I think the concern is that they will sell a lot more tickets since there will be more attractions open to absorb the crowds. If they do, it could potentially feel less “exclusive” and there could be longer waits for things like 7DMT since that will be the main draw.

My perspective may be unique as we had done the original iteration of MK EMM several times and were at/past the point of being ready for something else. My kids are still young (8 and 4) so this new version actually reinvigorates the appeal to us as it covers a lot of rides we like to do... and I don’t necessarily ‘need’ to do 7DMT over and over again.

My concerns are guest count increases. 7DMT was already at a borderline annoying wait time early in most EMM events (much better mid-way on). But I’m also not sold that this new version suddenly makes it more appealing to a major new source of guests. EMM sold out a lot, but not always. We’ll have to see how things go of course.

I’m also not in love with the concept of breakfast at Cosmic Rays vs Pinocchio Village House (which came from the BOG kitchen). One of the appealing attributes of EMM to us has always been that the breakfast was pretty darn good for Disney standards. I hope the new venue and menu continue to fit that same standard.

But overall, I’m looking forward to it.

My perspective may be unique as we had done the original iteration of MK EMM several times and were at/past the point of being ready for something else. My kids are still young (8 and 4) so this new version actually reinvigorates the appeal to us as it covers a lot of rides we like to do... and I don’t necessarily ‘need’ to do 7DMT over and over again.

My concerns are guest count increases. 7DMT was already at a borderline annoying wait time early in most EMM events (much better mid-way on). But I’m also not sold that this new version suddenly makes it more appealing to a major new source of guests. EMM sold out a lot, but not always. We’ll have to see how things go of course.

I’m also not in love with the concept of breakfast at Cosmic Rays vs Pinocchio Village House (which came from the BOG kitchen). One of the appealing attributes of EMM to us has always been that the breakfast was pretty darn good for Disney standards. I hope the new venue and menu continue to fit that same standard.

But overall, I’m looking forward to it.

The best would be for the expanded MK EMM to keep the original guest count. But all the indications are otherwise. I wouldn’t think they would move the breakfast area if the guest count is not increasing. Plus it wouldn’t be cost effective if they did that.
We are in the camp of wanting to ride 7DMT and PP over and over and don’t care much for the others in the EMM time since they are easy to do really during the day. We won’t be there till end of April so there will be a lot of reports before then that would give us an indication if this will be still worth it for us. Hopefully the breakfast would still be good. We want the chicken sausages to stay!
Looking forward to the first report tomorrow !!!

I would want to ride PP once, 7dmr twice, a couple other rides (not necessarily in that order), then 'rope drop' space mountain or thunder mountain (probably space so I can get to the breakfast by 10:00).
Question: leading up to a normal 9:00 opening, can I freely head over to line up at space or thunder mountain? What's the best plan for this?

Thanks!

I would want to ride PP once, 7dmr twice, a couple other rides (not necessarily in that order), then 'rope drop' space mountain or thunder mountain (probably space so I can get to the breakfast by 10:00).
Question: leading up to a normal 9:00 opening, can I freely head over to line up at space or thunder mountain? What's the best plan for this?

Thanks!

No, you’ll be allowed in Fantasyland only, and able to head to other rides at 9.

I was a little worried about the new EMM (large crowds) but it was really good!
We were let in at 7:37am and we stopped to take a few picturws along the way to rides.
We rode 7dtm 6 times(7 for dh and dd)!! Ariel, carrousel, Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan each once. Only the first 2 rides of 7dtm did we have to wait a car to board.

The food was normal
Disney food. They had most pre-plated. We walked up and everyone got a plate with pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage and potatoes. We were given the choice of Apple, orange juice, coffee or soft drinks. Then you could walk to another mini buffet with cheeses, meats, croissants (other things I can’t remember lol) and syrup.

It was the perfect way to end our trip!

We were let in at 7:37am and we stopped to take a few picturws along the way to rides.
We rode 7dtm 6 times(7 for dh and dd)!! Ariel, carrousel, Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan each once. Only the first 2 rides of 7dtm did we have to wait a car to board.

The food was normal
Disney food. They had most pre-plated. We walked up and everyone got a plate with pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage and potatoes. We were given the choice of Apple, orange juice, coffee or soft drinks. Then you could walk to another mini buffet with cheeses, meats, croissants (other things I can’t remember lol) and syrup.

Thanks for the review!! It sounds like a really great experience! I have a question about the Under the Sea ride— which queue was open for that- fast pass or standby?

Edit: so it sounds like if I wanted just coffee, I’d still have to wait in the line to order hot food? Am I understanding that correctly?

Thanks for the review!! It sounds like a really great experience! I have a question about the Under the Sea ride— which queue was open for that- fast pass or standby?

Edit: so it sounds like if I wanted just coffee, I’d still have to wait in the line to order hot food? Am I understanding that correctly?

Under the Sea has the FP line open.

For coffee, I do believe you’d have to stand in the line. When we went, we had no people in front of us so we got food/drinks immediately

I was really hoping that I would check this morning and dates in March would be open since this is the first day of the format change. No such luck :sad1:

The food was normal

Were the princesses meet and greets also there (Cinderella, Tiana, Rapunzel)? They are listed and that is what my youngest wants to do while the others ride 7DMT. We went for it to free up our fast passes for other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter