MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

^^

Do you see yourself in this picture? : )

IMG_0706%202_1080.jpg

Did this on Tuesday the 26th. Had a great time. I never had the breakfast at Pinocchio's before this but the Cosmic Ray's breakfast is of a WAY lower quality than the one at the HS EMM at Backlot Express(and formerly ABC Commissary). It wasn't why we spent the money so we ate our hospital eggs and bacon and moved on!

I can say that MK EMM is great bang for the buck. DO NOT be the person/family that runs straight for 7DMT at 7:45am unless you want to lose 15-20 minutes of your precious hour and 15 minutes of EMM. Go knock out all the other rides you want to do first. IMO skip Small World altogether. it can be done later in the day with little to no wait and it's a long ride and again eats into your precious paid time. I recommend going back to 7DMT around 8:20. By that time we had ridden the Teacups x2, Pooh, Peter Pan, Carousel (another skip IMO but my daughter wouldn't here of it!)and Small World. We then proceeded to ride 7DMT x 6 as a complete walk on. We asked for row one every time. We stopped at 8:40 and went over and rode Ariel with our last 10 minutes or so. THis could have easily been another 4 rides on 7DMT if we wanted. We basically destroyed Fantasyland in 1 and 15 minutes time. With that much of the park already under your belt for the day and zero FPs used, it makes for a very easy rest of the day even when crowds are high(and I would say they were a 6-7 most days this week).

Then we almost got run over by the 7DMT RDers on our way to Rays for the "breakfast".

1080.jpg
Those "sea of humanity" photos always take my breath away! So shocking to think about how many people are at WDW on any given day.

Had a question pop up I wasn't sure about. Between 9a and 10a, does the EMM paper wristband get you into the EMM rides through the Fastpass line? Just wondering if we finish breakfast by 9:30a-ish, if there are some rides my kids want to repeat -- is that allowed? I know we'll be in the FP line with everyone else, but is that allowed?

We were allowed to do that back in 2017 during the previous version of EMM -- but 7DMT had been down for a portion of the event and CMs allowed us access to EMM rides until 12p that day. I wasn't sure if it was still allowed until 10a under normal circumstances.

Had a question pop up I wasn't sure about. Between 9a and 10a, does the EMM paper wristband get you into the EMM rides through the Fastpass line? Just wondering if we finish breakfast by 9:30a-ish, if there are some rides my kids want to repeat -- is that allowed? I know we'll be in the FP line with everyone else, but is that allowed?

We were allowed to do that back in 2017 during the previous version of EMM -- but 7DMT had been down for a portion of the event and CMs allowed us access to EMM rides until 12p that day. I wasn't sure if it was still allowed until 10a under normal circumstances.

The only time they've ever allowed EMM attendees to use the fastpass line after park opening has been in the situation you described. If the rides are operating normally, you will have to use standby like everyone else. Still shouldn't be long waits after 9 at most rides though (just 7dmt and PP for the most part).

^^

Do you see yourself in this picture? : )

IMG_0706%202_1080.jpg

Haha, if from where you were standing to take this you looked to your left you would have seen us. We were standing on the other side of that planter. My kids had about six other children around them playing with bubbles from their light up Mickey bubble maker.

Haha, if from where you were standing to take this you looked to your left you would have seen us. We were standing on the other side of that planter. My kids had about six other children around them playing with bubbles from their light up Mickey bubble maker.

Did you notice you could have easily abused the EMM band hand out by just having an ADR? I noticed once they verified you had an ADR, tour, or EMM. They just pointed you in the right direction. There was nothing stopping an ADR person from getting a band. Seems like a bit of an oversight.

Last summer before the breakfast location was changed, at 900am, if you wanted to go to Space Mountain, you were held up at the tea cups until the entire line headed to Seven Dwarves passed by, which really made lots of people angry. (If you left Fantasyland to head toward Frontierland, you joined in with the group.)

Now that the breakfast is at Cosmic Rays, if you want to head to Space Mountain right at 9am, where are are you held? And do you still have to wait for the rope drop crowd to pass by, or can you join it?

I know this question is from a few weeks ago but I'm wondering the same thing... We're doing this on Sunday and my plan was to head for Space Mountain after breakfast, but I wasn't sure how that would work.

I know this question is from a few weeks ago but I'm wondering the same thing... We're doing this on Sunday and my plan was to head for Space Mountain after breakfast, but I wasn't sure how that would work.

Its weird I saw people being held at the left side of the teacups facing Tomorrowland around 8:55. Very few people, 5-10 tops. But if you went around the right side of the Teacups to get to Rays you could walk all the way to the farthest entrance to Rays, the one by the bathrooms, which is obviously much closer to SM. So pretend you are going to eat, and just wait at the outside table at Rays thats closest to SM.

I'm there Sunday too and have asked, but not really gotten concrete answers for the best route and where you are held going for BTMR:. Should I go down the path to the left of the castle just before 9 (and where are you held), or go past gained mansion (and where are you heading that).

36 hours away!

I'm there Sunday too and have asked, but not really gotten concrete answers for the best route and where you are held going for BTMR:. Should I go down the path to the left of the castle just before 9 (and where are you held), or go past gained mansion (and where are you heading that).

36 hours away!

I can't completely answer your question but was getting on small world toward the end of EMM and there were several cast members stationed just past the entrance to the ride holding people from going further than the Rapunzel bathroom area.

Brett- I did notice the band hand out didn't seem as closely guarded as it was at HS the day before but I figured someone was probably watching where people went but just wasn't as obvious about it?

So we did the EMM at HS and it wasn't a success for us because my ds4 freaked out and was overtired. Now I'd really like to do the EMM but the only day they have it is like either the Tuesday the day after we arrive, still haven't booked us a flight, or Sunday before we leave. Anyone notice any differences between week days and weekends for EMM? We are going in July so I figured it would be crowded no matter what but if there's a difference for EMM I'd love to know.

Does EMM ever sell out for MK? Wanted to wait until the end of March to get tickets for May.

MK EMM has not been selling out nearly as often as the pre-DHS EMM / pre-format change days. A quick search of March show no dates sold out. Easter Sunday (4/21) isn’t even sold out.

The same can’t be said for DHS EMM, which is more the hot hand right now.

I wouldn’t take anything for granted though, because it can sell out.

Also, remember that you can cancel EMM. If you are on the fence about this, you may want to book it and cancel later if necessary

Just finishing up breakfast. We had a great time!! They let us in around 7:40. We rode:

Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Small World
Mine Train x 3 (first time we waited MAYBE 5 minutes, second two times were complete walk ons)
Little Mermaid
Teacups

Then we went to rope drop Space Mountain. They held us right in between Cosmic Rays and the Teacups, and then right when the fireworks went off they let walk until we reached tomorrow land right before speedway. Then when the rope drop masses approached, they merged our crowd with theirs- we were towards the front. It was basically a walk on and we were off by 9:15. Then we took a photopass photo, and went to Buzz where the posted wait was 15 but we only waited 5. Then we came to breakfast and here we are :)

I would 100% say this is worth the money and I think it'll be a permanent fixture in our trips going forward. It's so nice to not feel rushed and get to experience a nearly empty park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter