MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Anyone know if EMMs are ever released on weekends? Or can I take a break from looking over the weekend?

They can be, it’s random.

There’s really no need to stress or constantly search for EMM for the most part. Dates take awhile to sell out so you can be casual about it. When they do add dates, I’m sure it’ll be all over this thread.

With the restaurant change to Cosmic Rays, where is the new “holding area”? For EMM guests, it was right before the teacups heading into Tomorrowland.

Wonder if you can now line up in front of the speedway? (Once it reopens this summer?)

My son wants to be first in line again :rotfl2:

Alright, decided to go for it and book March 12, for our last park day. If we are totally exhausted by then I might cancel...or maybe we’ll do EMM and enjoy the early crowd free feeling and then go sit by the pool for the rest of the day, who knows! We did the old format last year and enjoyed it, curious to try it with the changes.

We'll be there March 12 too!

Yes if anyone can answer please :)

QUOTE="goofygal531, post: 60188674, member: 36887"]With the restaurant change to Cosmic Rays, where is the new “holding area”? For EMM guests, it was right before the teacups heading into Tomorrowland.

Wonder if you can now line up in front of the speedway? (Once it reopens this summer?)

My son wants to be first in line again :rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

I wonder if now is the right time to lose any hope that MK EMM will be offered in April.. I really love WDW and go there every year from London but this is super annoying... If they decide not to offer it - it is up to them (and I have already booked BOG for "expected" EMM dates) but not knowing is pretty bad...

I wonder if now is the right time to lose any hope that MK EMM will be offered in April.. I really love WDW and go there every year from London but this is super annoying... If they decide not to offer it - it is up to them (and I have already booked BOG for "expected" EMM dates) but not knowing is pretty bad...
Not at all, Disney has been known to release them close to the date. The only date I know it won’t be offered is Sunday April 7th (sadly the date I wanted). But after that, there’s still hope unless the change the opening time to 8am

I suspect when April dates do get released, they'll be a little wonky as Easter is a big influence on the month and 8am opening hours. Traditionally, the weeks before/after Easter Sunday see a slew of 8am openings:

In 2018, MK had consistent 8am openings from Monday 3/26 - Saturday 4/7. Easter was Sunday 4/1.

In 2017, MK had consistent 8am openings from Monday 4/10 - Thursday 4/20. Easter was Sunday 4/16.

In 2016, MK had consistent 8am openings from Monday 3/21 - Thursday 3/31. Easter was Sunday 3/27.

BUT, Easter is pretty late this year (4/21) and MK has been a recent trend of having fewer 8am openings over periods where in the past they have had them, so nearly impossible to predict.

Does anyone know....what’s the latest they have everreleased EMM before? We are 2 months out from April and they still aren’t out....how much longer could it potentially be?

Just frusturating as Fastpass day is coming up and I’ve booked ADRs around park opening times and I want to finalize mears and and and and lol
Uggg

Yes, it would be so nice if everything was released at 180 days. For my last trip, I had to try to strategically leave dates open & hope I was planning my park days correctly. I’m a crazy planner so I was ticking out with not being able to fill in all my blanks & having to check for events every day to see if they were available yet. Hopefully things get released earlier this year!

I don’t want to give anyone false hope, but I had been wanting book a dessert party (Rivers of Light) for end of March. I waited and waited and checked daily. I made my FPs. I had pretty much given up on the dessert party. Then, about 5 days after my FP date, dates for the dessert party were added. So it could happen. However, I also waited and waited one year for EMM dates for November, and they were never added. So I guess what I’m saying is anything could happen. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for all of you who are waiting!

And how is it at rope drop for Space? Do cast members walk the EMM crowd to meet up with the regular RD crowd?

The last time we did EMM (November), we were held at Pooh. When the fireworks went off, we all made a mad dash to space. We saw the HUGE RD crowd coming from the hub and tried to out “walk” them. The CM started yelling at EMMers who were out front running trying to beat the regular crowd. He yelled at them multiple
times to please walk and not run. Most of us EMMers met up with the Regular crowd about 30 yards out, but a dad and his son beat us all to the front by about 10 feet. The CM who was now red in the face told them to go to the back of the VERY LONG line!!!! The dad refused. The CM told them he asked them over and over to slow down, and since they didn’t obey the rules, they would have to go to the back. Now by this point the line was huge, and we all waited about 2-3 (very long) minutes while they had a show down of machismo.

People in line started yelling at them
To let us through, and finally the Dad demanded the CM take him to his manager, and off they went in a huff.

Crazy!
Sounds to me from this like, while EMM clearly lets you get your fill of Fantasyland, it doesn't necessarily give you any ropedrop advantage (at least for Space Mtn). I've already got Space Mtn FP, so I'm thinking of just heading off for BTMR after EMM, which might have a smaller ropedrop crowd. Can anyone confirm?

This concern comes up every round of releases. I don’t think the delay means anything. It’s not the first time.

We have done MK EMM a number of times and we always head towards BTMR around 8:55. We usually end up amongst the first people to get to BTMR. You will not be able to get there ahead of the rope drop crowd but you should be able to make sure that you are amongst the first riders.

Actually once (and for the life of me I do not remember how - we did not jump over any ropes - this is for sure) we ended up about 5 meters ahead of the rope drop crowd. One of the CMs very politely asked us to join the others behind the rope which we of course did.
And if you leave Seven Dwarf at 9am and head towards BTMR you will have to move against the tide of people for a bit and will be at the very end of the crowd. You still can get one ride without long wait (may be more if both sides of BTMR are open) but it is unlikely to be a walk on.

If heading for BTMR at 9:00 RD near the end of EMM, where do you wait just before RD and which route do you take there?

If heading for BTMR at 9:00 RD near the end of EMM, where do you wait just before RD and which route do you take there?

I haven't done MK EMM in awhile but in the past they have CMs stationed roughly between IASW and PP as you head towards the Tangled Restrooms. They hold you there until just before 9am. With some luck you may beat the rope drop crowd, they may have you join them, or you may end up behind them - 30-60 seconds here or there can have a big impact on your exact experience. But regardless, hitting BTMR right away has been our proffered option at the end of EMM.

We head toward the castle and turn right to the Liberty Square (do not go through the castle gates). To be honest, I do not remember where exactly you join the rope drop crowd, but I think you should aim to be near the castle just before 9am, so I would say you have to leave Seven Dwarfs not later than 8.55. If you leave later I think (but can not be sure) it is easier to walk towards Haunted Mansion and turn left towards Liberty Square. It is a longer walk but you do not have to go through crowd moving into opposite direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter