MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love the event. Totally worth it for my family. Can 8, 10 and 12 year olds wait in line by themselves? I'm honestly not sure...someone else will know! It is a great way to hammer out multiple rides on 7DMT.

Last edited:
Can you do CRT on the same day as EMM, if it’s offered? I would do as @GADisneyDad14 suggested and plan a MK day the day you’re hoping for EMM. I would go ahead and make a lunch reservation at CRT that day. I think by then you’ll be ready for a little break. The problem, I suppose, would be if you’re aiming for one special event or character meal a day. I wish Disney would release reservations for special events at the same time as dining reservations. It would make life so much easier for those of us overplanners!
We typically skip lunch on the days we do EMM. Just not hungry.

If they can’t stand in line alone how does that work? Are they allowed to ride alone? An I allowed to wait with them and then exit the line with my 6 year old?

For those that want to book EMM but dates haven't been released by your ADR date, how do you plan? We need to get a lunch ressie for CRT, but for whatever reason, my brain is having a hard time formulating a plan here. We are going the first full week in May...and i am already way over planning.

I've become someone who doesn't do many ADRs, but I know CRT is a tough one to get. I would see if you could do a late one maybe?

My wife and I did EMM at Magic Kingdom on Sunday 10/7. It was terrific -- would recommend it to anyone who thinks it sounds appealing (I know they’re changing the program soon; the version we did was awesome.)

They let us in exactly at 7:45. Everyone raced to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train so per the suggestions we read on here, we started with Peter Pan’s Flight. We rode it three times in a row — we didn’t even get all the way off the line, there was a way to loop right back to the front. Going there first also meant there was NO ONE on that side of Fantasyland, so we got some incredible photos/videos of just us alone in that totally empty area.

We grabbed a few pastries from the breakfast, then went to Winnie the Pooh. We might have ridden it a second time, but it takes a long time to walk through the full length of the line (even though almost no one was waiting) and there’s no way to jump back into the line without walking all the way out and then all the way back in again. So then we went to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It was about an 8 minute wait on our first ride and exactly as others had said, each time we rode it after that we waited a little bit less. We were able to ride it five times total, and that includes waiting a little bit extra so we could ride once in the very first row and once in the very last row.

We had a frustrating experience with rope drop; we raced over to Space Mountain only to find out the ride wasn’t running, which basically ruined our entire morning plan. But the actual EMM was great. After Splash Mountain and some pictures, we went back to the breakfast around 9:50 and there was still plenty of food. We tried everything and both agreed the food was way better than we expected. At Splash Mountain, they give you Ziploc bags to keep your stuff from getting wet so we reused the bags and filled them with croissants and cinnamon rolls and ate them throughout the rest of the day. That kept us very happy until our late lunch around 2pm.

Thanks to everyone here who shared their experiences with EMM; they helped us decide to do it and then helped us plan how to actually do it to pack in the most stuff and it worked perfectly. Again, I know the EMM thing is changing soon, but the version we did one of the highlights of our short trip to Walt Disney World. We would absolutely do it again and would definitely do it at other parks if it was offered there. (They hadn’t announced the DHS version when we planned our trip.)

We did EMM this morning after doing EMM TSL yesterday and MNSSHP last night because we like to not sleep, lol. We also transferred from WL to Poly because we live life on the edge.

Caught the boat from WL at 7:13. Through security by 7:21, wristbands and in line at 7:26. Right after that, it crowded and slow. The line was past the tapstiles after 7:30.

They didn’t let people into MK until 7:47 and we got caught behind some slower walkers (and had a stroller) so we didn’t arrive in Fantasyland until 7:55.

If you have a stroller, park it behind the carousel and just leave it for the morning.

We rode Pan - walk on. It was a shortened queue.

The on to Pooh, also a shortened queue.

And the 7DMT. We ended up riding it five times. It was decreasing times each time and they had ropes down so you just just turn around without going all the way out.

At 8:45 we were going to go to BTMR. We got distracted by Small World and jumped on it. And sat. And sad. And it took 15 minutes and we came out to the chaos that was the rope drop crowd.

So we called it a morning and went on to breakfast. Which was great because we were between rushes of people and it was nice and calm. Breakfast was good and plentiful.

All in all, it was great. I hope the changes they’re making keep the same positives.

So since we did two EMMs back to back, I have to say, I preferred TSL. I liked the food better and the overall vibe. Because TSL is more compact and so well themed, it just added to the fun spirit of the event. Plus, the character meets are fun to see and add to the atmosphere (which I know MK is adding characters but you can’t see them as you’re just going from ride to ride.)

The better part of the MK morning was cutting down the queue on 7DMT. SDD could certainly benefit from that.

And now I’m triply glad I booked an Oasis cabana at the Poly because our room isn’t ready yet but I have a Frosty Pineapple in hand and have forgotten how exhausted I am!

Also, we did this with three kids, 10, 8, and 4. They preferred TSL too but still said this was the best way to start a day at MK!

And now I’m triply glad I booked an Oasis cabana at the Poly because our room isn’t ready yet but I have a Frosty Pineapple in hand and have forgotten how exhausted I am!

How are the Oasis cabanas? Do they have padded lounge chairs? I'm thinking about renting one for an upcoming trip.

Interesting that the hours for 21st and 28th of October have not been changed. Wonder why they had to cancel EMMs on that dates... Do not mind too much - got my free fast passes and even managed to book an 8am breakfast at Be Our Guest for the 21st but it is a bit strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter