MK Extended Evening Hours

During Halloween season, when there are parties at MK, Disney has swapped the traditional MK extended evening hours for DHS.

What about December? The holiday party season will have parties at both MK -- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party -- and DHS -- Jollywood Nights. So it seems less likely that they would again replace the MK hours with DHS hours.

Will they go back to extended evening hours at MK? Maybe start doing them at DAK?

During Halloween season, when there are parties at MK, Disney has swapped the traditional MK extended evening hours for DHS.

What about December? The holiday party season will have parties at both MK -- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party -- and DHS -- Jollywood Nights. So it seems less likely that they would again replace the MK hours with DHS hours.

Will they go back to extended evening hours at MK? Maybe start doing them at DAK?
At least for the week of October 29, the answer is two Extended Evening hours evenings, Monday and Thursday, both at EPCOT.

At least for the week of October 29, the answer is two Extended Evening hours evenings, Monday and Thursday, both at EPCOT.

Well, that’s just about the worst possible scenario. Come on, Disney!

I don’t know what will happen the following weeks, but MK needs to be quickly changed from Halloween to Christmas starting November 2nd. Those extra hours may make a big difference in how much they can get done overnight. People linger & slow walk when they’re leaving & nothing at all can start until all guests are out of the park. It might have come down to only 1 Epcot night & no other park. So seems a 2nd night there is better than nothing. I’m withholding judgement til we see what happens as the month goes on.

Omg I'm so excited! I'll be down 11/05 - 11/09. 11/05-11/08 at Riviera and 11/08-11/09 at AKL. On Mon 11/06 extended hours are at Epcot as usual.

On Wed 11/08 the extended hours are at Animal Kingdom 7:00-9:00! Yesterday I snagged the Savanna view studio at AKL for 11/08 and I didn't know about the extended hours. This works out perfectly!

Last edited:
Omg I'm so excited! I'll be down 11/05 - 11/09. 11/05-11/08 at Riviera and 11/08-11/09 at AKL. On Mon 11/06 extended hours are at Epcot as usual.

On Wed 11/08 the extended hours are at Animal Kingdom 7:00-9:00! Yesterday I snagged the Savanna view studio at AKL for 11/08 and I didn't know about the extended hours. This works out perfectly!
You’re going to love it. Our kids spent hours on that balcony. It’s so relaxing before and after a chaotic day. We didn’t have night vision goggles but I did get a pair of kids binoculars for our pre teen (now teen).

We love Boma and always book it on our AK day. Don’t miss the cookie decorating resort activity if it’s back post COVID (DD was so excited to show off her decorations).

I have no idea what to expect. Our trip is Dec 15-23, extended family joining Dec 16-21 (Sat-Thurs).

Last year they had EP Mon, MK Wed and added HS on Thurs (2 weeks in a row before Christmas). WDW posted it on Sept 8, 2022 to help planning. https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/extr...ys-hollywood-studios-st-walt-disney-world.htm

With the shake up this year, I’m kinda expecting EP Mon and AK Thurs, which means extended family sol on EEH #2.

Very disappointed on getting double extended hours at Epcot the week I’m there. I was hoping for at least HS, but would prefer MK. I don’t go very to WDW very often so I was really looking forward to the extended hours.

The app now shows EPCOT has extended evening hours on both Monday November 13 and Wednesday November 15.

I guess with Hollywood having their own "paid" event this year... that just leaves Epcot and AK.

I know last year they still did MK EEH.... I guess it's just hard on cast members?

Believe me, Disney doesn't want to give the EEHs to anyone. It's killing them knowing they could be doing a paid event.

A bit bummed about this as well. We will be there September 22-29. No MK EEH’s that Wednesday. Only one park has EEH’s that whole week - Epcot.

Of course HS has hours the day after we leave…..ugh.

Looking forward to that Monday evening in Epcot but was looking forward to lower(ish) crowds at MK that Wednesday. Something magical about walking around MK late at night, with all the lights and fewer people. Did the Halloween party last year - wasn’t planning on it this year so the latest evening will be 10:00.

At least we will be at Disney.

I find it extremely frustrating that even tho Disney knows people plan their trips well in advance and actually encourages it, they change things this important. I know I am not the only one that planned my trip around eeh. Dining, which day for which park, etc.
I will keep my deluxe resort, but there is no longer any added benefit for me.

I am sooooo irritated with no hours at MK the week I’m there! They have always had Wednesday evening even when MVMCP was in full swing! They want us to plan months in advance and we do to accommodate them, but we obviously don’t get the same consideration! In fact we can’t even get any late MK hours outside the party at all, they have 9pm!! WTH! They trying to force party sells, not like they all aren’t gonna sell out anyway!

This is frustrating, we booked a deluxe for on the monorail loop purposely for EEH, looking at it now it might be worth downgrading to a moderate as deluxe isn't really offering us any benefit

This is frustrating, we booked a deluxe for on the monorail loop purposely for EEH, looking at it now it might be worth downgrading to a moderate as deluxe isn't really offering us any benefit

Being on the Monorail loop is not a benefit? ;)

I do agreed it's frustrating to sorta count on a perk... and then not get the full value. Having and additional Epcot or a AK EEH isn't the same as a MK EEH. Most of us would likly accept a DHS EEH... but Disney isn't offering that for Christmas.

In the end that's just par for the course... and that's really the issue I have. The level of frustration that comes with a trip to Disney. Dining Reservations, Park Reservations, figuring out Genie+, Individual Lighting Lanes and Virtual Ques... Or that the $4K you budgeted, because that's what you spent five years ago.... isn't going to cover what you want to do. And then to find out some perk you thought your were going to get... you didn't get the "value" you thought you would get.

Being on the Monorail loop is not a benefit? ;)

I do agreed it's frustrating to sorta count on a perk... and then not get the full value. Having and additional Epcot or a AK EEH isn't the same as a MK EEH. Most of us would likly accept a DHS EEH... but Disney isn't offering that for Christmas.

In the end that's just par for the course... and that's really the issue I have. The level of frustration that comes with a trip to Disney. Dining Reservations, Park Reservations, figuring out Genie+, Individual Lighting Lanes and Virtual Ques... Or that the $4K you budgeted, because that's what you spent five years ago.... isn't going to cover what you want to do. And then to find out some perk you thought your were going to get... you didn't get the "value" you thought you would get.

It's not really a perk if the majority of days we are there are party nights and we then have to go to other parks in the evenings, might as well move to a different resort. We have a young daughter and there are more rides at MK for her but if EEH will be in Epcot or AK I'm wondering if it would be more convenient to move..

Does anyone have any experience/guess how Fantasmic will work with the EEHs this fall? Currently schedule has 1 show at 9:30p. If that holds, then I guess I need to plan 2 evenings at DHS because seeing F! on the EEH night would basically eat up all our extra time?! Ideally, I would love it if they either had 2 shows so we could go earlier or just move the one show to say 8:30???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter