MK Extended Evening Hours

Abbie485

Earning My Ears
Does anyone think Extended Evening Hours are being discontinued (maybe temporarily?) at Magic Kingdom with the addition of HS? As of today, park hours have been posted through Oct 7th, 2023 and the last date EEH are on the calendar for MK is September 20th. Epcot has them on the calendar, but not MK. Also, with MK typically having them on Wednesday’s, there are two of the HS dates (Oct 11th and 25th) are Wednesday’s. It wouldn’t make sense in my mind for two parks to have EEH on the same day.

Does anyone think Extended Evening Hours are being discontinued (maybe temporarily?) at Magic Kingdom with the addition of HS? As of today, park hours have been posted through Oct 7th, 2023 and the last date EEH are on the calendar for MK is September 20th. Epcot has them on the calendar, but not MK. Also, with MK typically having them on Wednesday’s, there are two of the HS dates (Oct 11th and 25th) are Wednesday’s. It wouldn’t make sense in my mind for two parks to have EEH on the same day.
With the Halloween parties it's possible but most likely only temporary until the end of the year.

Since Disney has said it's been extended through 2024, I don't anticipate them stopping it during select times of the year. They offered them at the MK through the party season last year so not sure that they would change that this year, especially as DHS has Jollywood Nights so it also has a party event to work around.

With the Halloween parties it's possible but most likely only temporary until the end of the year.
If they were pausing MK due to MNSSHP, then I would think they wouldn’t be in the calendar once the parties start in August, which they are.
Since Disney has said it's been extended through 2024, I don't anticipate them stopping it during select times of the year. They offered them at the MK through the party season last year so not sure that they would change that this year, especially as DHS has Jollywood Nights so it also has a party event to work around.
At first I thought they maybe just hadn’t been added to the calendar yet, but it’s odd that the Epcot and HS EEH are listed. And historically, even going back the days of Extra Magic Hours, I believe the schedule always worked around the parties. It does seem odd for it to be changed given the announcement EEH are continuing through 2024. I guess we just have to wait to see what happens!

I too am following this very closely! We are going late October and I will be seriously bummed to lose the EEH at MK. I am pumped about DHS but would much rather give up EEH at Epcot than MK if I only get 2!

ETA: the main reason for wanting the EEH at MK is for another shot at the VQ for Tron.

I find it strange that the DHS EEH aren't the same night every week. Last year there were 2 nights added at DHS and they were both on Thursday in December. The only thing I could think of is Disney Jollywood Nights, but that wouldn't affect October. It really doesn't make sense to have EEH at 2 parks on the same night since it's pulling from such a small group. I also doubt Disney will extend MK on Saturdays during MNSSHP season.

Looks like Extended Evening Hours at MK stop after 9/20/23. I don't see it scheduled 9/27 or 10/4.

Epcot is on the calendar for 9/25 and 10/2.

DHS is on the calendar for 9/30 and 10/5.

I know Disney says the hours are subject to change, but it seems like the addition of DHS EEH removed the MK EEH.

Looks like Extended Evening Hours at MK stop after 9/20/23. I don't see it scheduled 9/27 or 10/4.

Epcot is on the calendar for 9/25 and 10/2.

DHS is on the calendar for 9/30 and 10/5.

I know Disney says the hours are subject to change, but it seems like the addition of DHS EEH removed the MK EEH.
Many seem to think that DHS DEEH in the fall take the place of MK DEEH due to MNSSHP and MVMCP taking up so many evenings at MK.

Does MK typically offer extended evening hours still when the holiday parties are going on? I see that in October they are at Epcot and Hollywood instead of MK this year.

Does MK typically offer extended evening hours still when the holiday parties are going on? I see that in October they are at Epcot and Hollywood instead of MK this year.
It truly is a question nobody really knows the answer to as it's not until Disney publishes hours that we truly know. This thread is dedicated to the valid question you have.

It truly is a question nobody really knows the answer to as it's not until Disney publishes hours that we truly know. This thread is dedicated to the valid question you have.
I thought there might be a pattern in the past but if it’s not valid, please feel free to delete this. Thanks.

I thought there might be a pattern in the past but if it’s not valid, please feel free to delete this. Thanks.
Not a problem to keep it. I know many have the same question you do.

This is the first year that there are parties in both MK and DHS at the same time EEH are offered so many are wondering where/when EEH will be offered during party months.

Last year, they had extended evening hours at MK every Wednesday from August-December (except one day the park was closed due to a hurricane).

Last year, they had extended evening hours at MK every Wednesday from August-December (except one day the park was closed due to a hurricane).
Yes, it is different from last year's schedule. DHS was added for EEH 2 nights in December of 2022 and they were both Thursdays. MK was never removed.

Jollywood Nights should not affect October or early November. Jollywood Nights also rotates between Sat, Mon, and Wed overlapping non-MVMCP MK nights.

Seems like Disney would rather sell deluxe guests the up charge ticketed events than provide EEH for "free" at the more desirable parks.

#Following. I am guessing MK and DHS will not have EEH on the same night, so I assume the weeks when DHS has EEH on Wednesday, MK will not have EEH at all, which is a bummer.

Park hours are now posted for October 8-16. EP has extended evening hours both Mondays. DHS has them on Wednesday. AK and MK don't have any (no surprise re AK).

To see the hours for October 13-16, you have to use 5-day view. I was using my PC to look at the website. The app may be different.

There are so many Christmas parties for the week we are going on really really hoping we have the wed extended hours ....

There are so many Christmas parties for the week we are going on really really hoping we have the wed extended hours ....
I doubt DHS has EEH in November and December once Jollywood Nights start. I guess Disney could schedule MK EEH over Jollywood Nights, but I sadly think we may be only getting Epcot during the holiday season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter