MK Event Information.... For the 14th Pin Event

NHMickey

<font color=red>I'm A Disneyana Collector!<font co
Here is some information I recived from a good source on the upcoming event.... It is from a WDW Memo on the event.

MK Event Elements

Limited Edition Pin Releases at Exposition Hall

O Swan Boat LE 1000
O Countdown to Disney’s Pin Celebration dangle #4 LE 2500
O Cinderella’s Coach & Horses Box Set LE 3500
O Countdown to 100 Year of Magic #2 LE 5000*

*2500 of the edition size will be exclusively available on event day at the Magic Kingdom® Park. The remaining 2500 will be released across property days following the event.

All Limited Edition pins are available by wristband/ standby voucher only. The system is currently utilized across WDW Property for all pin releases with an edition size of 3000 or less. There will be three different colored wristbands each with “Countdown to Disney’s Pin Celebration” printed on them. Examples will be available at each Pinformation location on the Status Board. Voucher distribution will take place at the Ticket & Transportation Center at 8:00 AM on the morning of the event and will expire at 1 PM on the same day. This wristband is NOT valid for theme park admission or parking. Numbered standby vouchers will be valid from 1-2 PM at Expo Hall on event date. Breakfast foods (coffee, juice, bagels, Danish, etc.) will be available to purchase starting at 5:00 AM for early arriving guests. Security will be on hand to assist throughout the day.

Open Edition Pin Releases

O Crystal Palace Main Street Athleic Club, ESPN Room
O The Magic Carpets of Aladdin Frontierland, Agrabah Bazaar
O Diamand Horseshoe Saloon Review Frontierland, Big Al’s
O Cinderella’s Golden Carousel Fantasyland, Tinker Bell’s Treasures
O The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Fantasyland, Sir Mickey’s
O The Barnstormer (featuring Mickey Mouse) Mickey’s Toontown, County Bounty

There will be 2000 of each open edition pins released on the day of the event, exclusively at the Magic Kingdom® Park in the above designated location. Standard WDW guidelines allow guests to purchase a maxiumum of twenty-five (25) per design on open edition pins, per person, per day.

Pixie’s Pin Path

At the TTC, as guests receive a wristband for purchase of the Limited Edition pins, they will also receive a Magic Kingdom® Park Pixie’s Pin Path (also referred to as a scroll). The scroll will lead them in the footsteps of a playful pixie on her journey through the wonders of the Magic Kingdom® . Each of the open edition pins has a location on which they can be placed to complete the scroll. Once completed, the scroll can be framed ($130.00) as a memory of their journey throughout our park.

Scrolls will provide trivia questions about 7 locations throughout the park that sell the above listed open edition pins. Guests may answer a question or trade a pin with a cast member in the designated locations to receive a stamp on their Scroll. Once all of the stamps have been collected, the guest can then take their completed Pixie’s Pin Path Scroll to Mickey’s Star Traders in Tomorrowland to receive their complimentary Tinker Bell pin.

Walt Disney WorldÒ Artist Appearance & Pin Preview

Walt Disney WorldÒ artists, Michelle Morrow and Jeff Ebersohl, will be appearing at Exposition Hall from 1:30-3:30 PM. Guests will be limited to eight (8) pins signed per artist per entry. Additionally, the Walt Disney Parks and Resort® Trading Merchant Team available from 9:30 AM – 12 noon will be previewing upcoming pin releases in Exposition Hall. Security will be on hand to assist.

Communication

Pinformation Centers & Pinformation Bookmark

Pinformation Centers will be located at the Walk Around the World Brick Kiosk, AAA Hospitality Desk in Exposition Hall, and Mickey’s Star Traders in Tomorrowland on the day of the event to answer and guest/Cast questions.

As guests receive their wristbands and scrolls at the TTC, they will also receive their Magic Kingdom® Pinformation Bookmark. These bookmarks will also be available at all Pinformation areas on event day. This bookmark will include event details and procedures as well as the sales locations for each pin.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
My daughter and I are going to the pin event for her 11 birthday. At the last pin events they gave out the vouchers, or wrist bands now, at the gates, before you payed for parking. Do you know if they are doing that this time? I need to know if I need a car. I am staying at the Poly., so I could walk to the TTC.
karen
:bounce: :jester: :bounce: :jester: :bounce:

that just sounds too fun and since my B-day is the day before I think I'm going to give myself a present and GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holycow

correct me if I am wrong but when you walk into the MK stay to the right...the first Main building you come to is Exposition Hall.
Holycow

From the information provided, the wristbands vouchers will not be given out at the parking gates, but at the TTC so a car wouldn't be necessary if you are staying at the Poly

Thanks Holycow.

Well, I'm not giving up my rental car just yet. I remember for the Animal Kingdom event it was going to be in the plaza and then, at the last minute, it was changed to the entry booths where you did need a vehicle.

Can anyone tell me where I can get up-to-the-minute information on how the event is being handled the night before just in case there are changes? I'll be staying at Disney World and won't have access to a computer so I won't be able to check here for any changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter