MK Dinner ADR: SC or BOG?

firsttimedisn

Mouseketeer
I am debating which ADR to keep, or to keep both. I have been to BOG, DH has not. He's not a huge Disney fan, but one of the things he likes best is JC. I have an early dinner ADR for SC on a MVMCP night. I also have a later ADR during the party for BOG. Opinions on better food? Would it be a terrible option to eat dinner at SC and then go to BOG for dessert several hours later? We are spending a few nights at Disney after our first Disney Cruise and this is our only night in the park. We don't care so much about wasting party time because our kids will probably want to ride rides more than any M&G or party specific activities. I thought the food at BOG was okay. Not bad, not great, but I liked having the photo op with Beast. My DD was scared of him last year, but I think she'd be okay this year. Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't waste party time on a sit-down meal.

I'd cancel BOG and go to SC before the party. Even if the kids want to ride rides versus "party-specific activity," that's 90 minutes of low lines you'd be giving up.

I wouldn't waste party time on a sit-down meal.

I'd cancel BOG and go to SC before the party. Even if the kids want to ride rides versus "party-specific activity," that's 90 minutes of low lines you'd be giving up.

+1

Only night in the park, and the kids want to ride rides? No way I'd waste an hour and a half in a restaurant during prime low-line time.

I am debating which ADR to keep, or to keep both. I have been to BOG, DH has not. He's not a huge Disney fan, but one of the things he likes best is JC. I have an early dinner ADR for SC on a MVMCP night. I also have a later ADR during the party for BOG. Opinions on better food? Would it be a terrible option to eat dinner at SC and then go to BOG for dessert several hours later? We are spending a few nights at Disney after our first Disney Cruise and this is our only night in the park. We don't care so much about wasting party time because our kids will probably want to ride rides more than any M&G or party specific activities. I thought the food at BOG was okay. Not bad, not great, but I liked having the photo op with Beast. My DD was scared of him last year, but I think she'd be okay this year. Thanks in advance!

DH not a Disney fan but likes JC best? .......... yes, then I would be booking dinner for him! and it's before the party.

Sure, you could go to BOG later for dessert and the Beast, makes more sense to me as the food was not a WOW there, nor the atmosphere which wasn't any different than QS lunch. Might be a nice break without taking up a huge amount of party time.

Even if the focus is on rides - given it is your only time in the park, the least amount of time you waste in a restaurant would allow you to cover the entire park.

Thank you for the help. I guess the BOG ADR was kind of selfish on my part. So helpful to get/bounce ideas off others. Off to post an 11/27 BOG ADR on the cancellation thread....

Thank you for the help. I guess the BOG ADR was kind of selfish on my part. So helpful to get/bounce ideas off others. Off to post an 11/27 BOG ADR on the cancellation thread....

Just to add, my DD and her family had a late lunch there in July. It was among their favorite meals ever. Enjoy!

Yes, we really enjoyed our lunch at SC, thought the food was great, and it would be good to be sitting down at the time when the park has both day guests and party guests overlapping - if its anything like the MNSSHP days that we experienced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter