MK closures?

Last edited:
The App just sent me a notification that MK is closed for capacity (doesn’t say what phase). We are in the MK and the crowds are pretty big.

The App just sent me a notification that MK is closed for capacity (doesn’t say what phase). We are in the MK and the crowds are pretty big.
I got it too
Which is a huge pet piece of mine
someone staying here on site that doesn’t know better thinks they can’t get in

See I have no desire to do MK on NYE
Epcot is totally the place to be
MK last night

I suppose since MK had the same fireworks yesterday that is technically the better plan. I've never been at WDW at this time of year. What's at EPCOT that you particularly like for NYE?

If I had a choice I would have done it yesterday for sure. For the 4th of July fireworks I always do it the day prior since I have the 4th off so I stay as late as I can. If I had the day off instead of New Years Day I would have definitely done it yesterday. I typically avoid the crowd. Even for the 4th of July I watch from a distance I don't go into the parks. However, if it truly is in Phase B (for now) at least I have an AP and dining reservation so I should be good, but that's for now... Still hoping 6:30 fireworks helps relieves some tension. I'd drive to Poly directly, but the Contemporary NYE party encourages guests to park at Poly, or GF, then from there encourages guests to park at any resort and take Disney transportation to get to the event.

I got it too
Which is a huge pet piece of mine
someone staying here on site that doesn’t know better thinks they can’t get in
I’m sure they send out the mass notification of closure to onsite people to deter them from going. It likely helps the MK not reach a phase 4 closure. Not really fair, no. But I think that’s why they do it that way.

I know if I were at WDW and logged into DISBoards to ask a quick question and someone that purported to be a local AP would answer the question, I would give it some weight and might not think to question it before logging out. In this case, I'm more concerned that an alleged "local AP" (or a CM as in the OP's original post) would give such misleading information.
That would be a huge mistake. I have seen some stunningly bad information from CMs and locals. I have a very good friend who has an AP and goes multiple times a year and I could fill a book with the things she doesn't know (but thinks she does.)

Not surprised looking at those insane wait times on MDE.

Sidenote: Despite that craziness (and my common recommendation to go to a different park on those days) I still have Christmas Day and NYE on at MK on my bucket list 😅

Yeah I saw 240 min for Space earlier. They're on my bucket list too!! The first is actually Epcot on NYE, that looks like a PARTY

Probably true.
But sucks for someone with FP or ADR and thinks they really can’t get in to use them. They should include that those guests can get in. Not everyone can go ask someone with ease

There's an article on google called, Magic Kingdom Reaches Phase Closure Due to New Year’s Eve Crowds by some site called Orlando Theme Park Zone, never heard of it before, but it tells you everything you need to know.

I suppose since MK had the same fireworks yesterday that is technically the better plan. I've never been at WDW at this time of year. What's at EPCOT that you particularly like for NYE?
It is one huge, giant party!
There are DJs in Italy and China that put on shows like I (at my ripe old age of 56) have never seen. Rave goers are probably bored by them though, LOL
There’s silent disco in FW (at least there have been) and another DJ or two up there.
Special drinks and party favors just bump up the party

There's an article on google called, Magic Kingdom Reaches Phase Closure Due to New Year’s Eve Crowds by some site called Orlando Theme Park Zone, never heard of it before, but it tells you everything you need to know.
There are tons of articles on the phases. That’s not hard to find at all. Nor is the history of when each is reached.
But the alert from MDE never says what phase. So what good would it do to look one up when you don’t know the phase?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter