MK CL 5. Doable?

dtkids

Mouseketeer
Magic Kingdom, CL 5 (12/19), park hours 8 am - 6 pm (party night)
Two adults, one teen. One adult on an ECV.

Is this do-able?

8 am Space Mountain
Astro Orbiter
PeopleMover
Buzz Lightyear
Carousel of Progress
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Speedway
Mad Tea Party
10:10 am Be Our Guest, breakfast

Are you trying to get all that done before your breakfast? Might be able to do most but not all. I’d save the people mover and carousel of progress for last and hit after breakfast. Those shouldn’t have any real waits after breakfast

That would be tight. If PeopleMover isn't down, or you don't get stuck on it (it goes down somewhat often), and Speedway line is short...line for that can build pretty quick. CoP is easy, so should Laugh Floor and Tea Party.

Are you trying to get all that done before your breakfast? Might be able to do most but not all. I’d save the people mover and carousel of progress for last and hit after breakfast. Those shouldn’t have any real waits after breakfast

Yes, trying to get it all done before the 10:10 reservation. We of course have a full schedule after breakfast, too.

10:40 - 11:40 AM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FastPass (figure about 11:15 am)
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
Under the Sea
Enchanted Tales with Belle
12:30 - 1:30 PM Peter Pan's Flight FastPass (figure closer to 1:15)
Festival of Fantasy Parade
2:00 – 3:00 PM Haunted Mansion FastPass (figure closer to 3 pm)
Riverboat
it's a small world
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Prince Charming Carrousel
Winnie the Pooh
5:00 pm Boat to Poly for Ohana

That would be tight. If PeopleMover isn't down, or you don't get stuck on it (it goes down somewhat often), and Speedway line is short...line for that can build pretty quick. CoP is easy, so should Laugh Floor and Tea Party.

I think husband has already said Speedway can be cut, and I will keep PeopleMover on the back burner, too. PeopleMover not a must-do I guess?

I would agree on waiting on CoP - it is a 20 minute attraction from beginning to end so that will take a big chunk of time. I don't remember how long Laugh Floor is but it is a longer attraction as well. I would do the others first and then these two as time allows.

There's possible, and then there's probable. Is it possible you could do all that between 8 am and 10 am? If everything aligned perfectly, yes. Is it probable? No. For the attractions you've listed above, I looked at the ride times and they add up to about an hour. That's just the time on the actual ride - not loading, waiting in line, transit time between attractions (which is somewhat minimized here with the proximity of everything), what happens if you just miss the doors for CoP or Monsters Inc and have to wait for the next cycle, or if there's stop/slowdown. Knowing that you'll have half your time taken up by the attractions, is it likely that all the rest (waits, walking, etc.) will only take an hour for 7 attractions? Not really.

Now, all that said, note that CoP takes up about 20 minutes, Monster's Inc about 11 minutes, and the People Mover about 10 minutes. Take one or all of those off the table, and the rest starts to look very manageable. I've been in Tomorrowland at opening on a party day and was able to knock out SM, Astro Orbiter, Speedway, Buzz, and People Mover within an hour (without FPs). It's the shows that are going to throw a wrench in your plans so I'd start there unless those are high on your priority list.

Yes, trying to get it all done before the 10:10 reservation. We of course have a full schedule after breakfast, too.

10:40 - 11:40 AM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FastPass (figure about 11:15 am)
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
Under the Sea
Enchanted Tales with Belle
12:30 - 1:30 PM Peter Pan's Flight FastPass (figure closer to 1:15)
Festival of Fantasy Parade
2:00 – 3:00 PM Haunted Mansion FastPass (figure closer to 3 pm)
Riverboat
it's a small world
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Prince Charming Carrousel
Winnie the Pooh
5:00 pm Boat to Poly for Ohana

LOL, you're more optimistic than I am when planning how much I can squeeze in within certain times. I build in a bit more cushion with a couple less stops along the way but if plans are going very smoothly then we can add in something to fill in gaps between FP and ADRs.

On Dec 19, crowds will be picking up considerably. Astro Orbiter and Buzz may have long lines as Astro is a very slow loader. Definitely scrap the Speedway. Carousel of Progress and Monster's Inc will really depend on how you time it. If you get there just as a show has started, you'll have a little more wait. Carousel is usually the easier to get on and the best of the 2 in my opinion. If you're scrapping one of those, I'd scrap Monsters.

I would take Astro Orbiter out of there. The load time is unbearably slow and it's just not worth it. I would try to squeeze the rest of the Tomorrowland attractions in but be prepared to ditch one and possibly move Tea Cups to after Winnie the Pooh.

Astro orbiter, carousel of progress, and Laugh floor will eat up a lot of time. Speedway and people mover wait might also slow you

The good thing is we will be back a second day (21st) for the party. So if we miss anything, we can try to swing back by then.
I am coming to terms with the fact that my first-timer optimistic scheduling is gonna need to be way way adjusted. Thank you guys for helping!

Have you ever ridden the Astro Orbiter? It can be a hard one to get in and out of. I wasn’t sure what sort of mobility issues your ECV user has.

I would not waste early morning touring time on People Mover, Carousel of Progress, or Monsters Inc. Those can be done later in the day.
I would definitely move Winnie the Pooh to the morning, and probably It's a Small World.
I agree with previous posters about the Speedway; that one we only do if we have little kids with us.
Personally, I might skip Astro Orbiter too. It is such a slow loader and eats up a big chunk of time even with no line. I prefer Dumbo; others may disagree.

I think husband has already said Speedway can be cut, and I will keep PeopleMover on the back burner, too. PeopleMover not a must-do I guess?
I really enjoy People Mover. It's a great attraction for when you need a break. I wouldn't bother with it in the first couple hours while you need to take advantage of shorter lines.

My word of advice with everything there... things take longer than you think. Always. The time to wait for a ride and actually ride it. transportation. etc. always assume it'll take a bit longer than you are planning for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter