• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK Christmas Day and capacity

wendyt_ca

DIS Veteran
We are going this year over Christmas and New Years. We did this back in 2014 and loved that time of year (we go a lot so I’m not concerned about crowds and missing things). We plan on going to MK on Christmas Day like we did last time. I remember we arrived for opening and stayed the entire day. I can’t recall if the park closed but I feel like it didn’t except on New Years Eve. That was also 5 years ago.
So I am wondering from anyone who has gone in the last few years has MK reached capacity on Christmas Day? We are staying onsite at Bay Lake (so we can walk over). But I’d love to be able not have to be up super early. And would like to have some time in the room in the morning and then just walk over to the park late morning.

While it will be an absolute madhouse, the above poster is correct. MK has not reached a closure capacity in a long time, you should be able to enjoy a nice rest and then head into the park for a great time!

We have received notices on MDE of closures which do not make it known which phase it is. Disregard those notices when staying on property. As noted, not a phase 4 in over a decade.

Awesome! I was pretty sure it didn’t but I wanted to make sure I was remembering correctly. And from what I could see online it didn’t appear that it has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter