MK bus depot construction - BLT impact

BirdsOfPreyDave

Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
We splurged for a theme park view in July. Anyone have any photos of the bus depot construction at MK from BLT? It looks like a big mud pit full of construction trucks in a picture I just saw on facebook, but that was taken through monorail window at CR stop. How much does it impact the BLT views? Any construction noise concerns?

Thanks!

When we were there it was a pretty big mess.
If your room is facing the parking lot I can see that being a not so pretty view.
Our room was at the end of the 7x0x lake view area and we couldn't hear anything with the balcony closed.

Forgot to ask, do you know what the construction is for?
Are they expanding the bus depot?

Forgot to ask, do you know what the construction is for?
Are they expanding the bus depot?
They're apparently building two more bus canopies. They were experimenting with some double-length articulating buses when we were there last year. I guess these new lanes are re-designed to accommodate them.

Screen-Shot-2013-03-16-at-3.25.01-PM.png

I took these a little over a week ago from TOWL. They are zoomed in a little bit.

You could see it but it is across the parking lot and was not a great impact IMO.

p1594640998-4.jpg

p1594642940-4.jpg

p1594644476-4.jpg

They're apparently building two more bus canopies. They were experimenting with some double-length articulating buses when we were there last year. I guess these new lanes are re-designed to accommodate them.

There is also a rumor that Disney may move the buses that run between the MK and the other theme parks from the TTC to the MK bus depot.

There is also a rumor that Disney may move the buses that run between the MK and the other theme parks from the TTC to the MK bus depot.

that would be nice - but across from BLT - don't know how I feel about that.

just as long as offsite buses are still at TTC.

We stayed in a theme park view 1BR a few weeks ago - 6th floor (i want to say 7620 but don't quite remember). I honestly never noticed it from the room/balcony - i guess maybe the monorail track blocked it partially? Either way - didn't make a huge impact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter