• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK 7/3& 7/4 fireworks

cpdisney

Mouseketeer
Looks like different show for the holiday. Will there still be projections on the castle? Any place less crowded to watch from? Ty

The 7/3 & 7/4 show does not have a material projection element to it, just accent lighting changes, some stars, etc. The fireworks are the real show, not the castle.

It’s a “360” show (meaning fireworks are shot off all around the park) so anywhere you can be with a decent view of the surrounding skies is usually reasonable. Of course, the show is framed to best be viewed when facing the castle... but other spots will do as well.

They usually open up non-traditional backstage areas on these crazy days, those can be options too to beat the crowds.

Have fun!

I know they definitely open up those areas for leaving...it takes you on the backside of Main St.

As for alternate viewing, you can go behind the castle in the area of the carousel (heading toward Ariel). Pretty good view back there and far less crowded. You can also do Poly beach, that is FAR less crowded, but of course you're also not inside MK. Same with the TTC ferry dock.

There are non traditional backstage areas opened for viewing or the leave the parks?

No guarantees they will do this as it’s based on conditions, but I’ve seen them open what is a backstage parking lot behind Tomorrowland and Main Street (on the side where the Main Street bypass is located).

Thanks Klayfish and GADisneyDad14! Those are great viewing tips! Our plan is to watch the fireworks on 7/3. We don't want to be directly in front of the castle since it sounds like anywhere around the castle will offer a good view.

Thanks everyone. I would've been very dissapointed if I sat in that crowd at the front of the castle and there were no projections. I'll be much happier behind as you suggested. Thanks for all the useful info.

I posted this in the other July 4 thread, but hoping for more responses here. I have a dessert party reservation on the 3rd for the terrace seating, will I still have a good view of most of the fireworks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter