Mizner's Lounge in the Grand Floridian?

snowybelle

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping to take my (not-that-psyched-about-Disney) husband on a monorail crawl on our early Feb. trip. Can you tell me any recent experiences at Mizner's lounge? Looks like there are some tasty items on the small plates menu and a wide variety of cocktails... is the jazz band usually playing? I think he would love that. Trying to decide if that's going to be our Grand Floridian stop, or if we want to actually book a reservation in one of the GF restaurants for wine & either apps or desserts (depends on where we start our tour ;))

Any insight or recent experiences would help! Thanks!

We love the place. When the band is playing its great because you are sitting right behind them. You can also hear the piano from below. Food is good...I think its from Citricos. Window tables are great as you can look out over the pool and grounds. Tito's dirty martinis are amazing. My wife is already talking about our afternoon martinis for our may trip. good luck, have fun.

We love the place. When the band is playing its great because you are sitting right behind them. You can also hear the piano from below. Food is good...I think its from Citricos. Window tables are great as you can look out over the pool and grounds. Tito's dirty martinis are amazing. My wife is already talking about our afternoon martinis for our may trip. good luck, have fun.

Awesome, my husband LOVES a dirty martini, I think this will be a good choice! Appreciate your response :)

I'm hoping to take my (not-that-psyched-about-Disney) husband on a monorail crawl on our early Feb. trip. Can you tell me any recent experiences at Mizner's lounge? Looks like there are some tasty items on the small plates menu and a wide variety of cocktails... is the jazz band usually playing? I think he would love that. Trying to decide if that's going to be our Grand Floridian stop, or if we want to actually book a reservation in one of the GF restaurants for wine & either apps or desserts (depends on where we start our tour ;))

Any insight or recent experiences would help! Thanks!
The band:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...rt-and-spa/grand-floridian-society-orchestra/

We very much enjoy Mizner's & their small plates....particularly when the Band is playing.

Grand Floridian has two [2] Signatures - Citrico's & Narcoossee's. While we prefer the ability to enjoy the New England'y seafood & fireworks from Narcoossee's, the food and ambiance at Citrico's are probably a bit better for just adults (unless you'd prefer a bit of Disney outside the windows from Narcoossee's). You can dine at the lounge of either, but Narcoossee's has very few seats and no place to really linger if you have to wait; I'm less familiar with Citrico's lounge space, but I understand it is better if you want to eat.

On a Monorail Crawl:
-- We stay at Contemporary and The Wave offers nothing special, imho, but the Signature, CA Grill is a possibility (if you can get up there early - well before the demand for viewing the fireworks).
-- Trader Sam's inside Polynesian is kinda' over-the-top for a cocktail lounge (and a great place to start a Monorail Crawl).....
-- Then head over to Grand Floridian for either or both Mizner's and/or a Signature meal.

We make a point to stop at Mizner's every trip. We go to Narcoossee's every trip as well, so we stop at Mizner's for a cocktail or two before we walk over to Narcoossee's to eat. It is a lovely atmosphere, especially when the band is playing. We love relaxing in the GF lobby and doing some shopping there too, if we have the time.

Thank you! Yes I've "monorail crawled" before, but I never quite know what to do at GF.
I love Trader Sam's
... and I actually really like the Wave for a low-key dinner that is fresh and relatively inexpensive. The crab cake there is wonderful!
(Oh, and I also think they have the loveliest breakfast buffet on property.)
Agree it's underwhelming when it comes to atmosphere though.

The band:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...rt-and-spa/grand-floridian-society-orchestra/

We very much enjoy Mizner's & their small plates....particularly when the Band is playing.

Grand Floridian has two [2] Signatures - Citrico's & Narcoossee's. While we prefer the ability to enjoy the New England'y seafood & fireworks from Narcoossee's, the food and ambiance at Citrico's are probably a bit better for just adults (unless you'd prefer a bit of Disney outside the windows from Narcoossee's). You can dine at the lounge of either, but Narcoossee's has very few seats and no place to really linger if you have to wait; I'm less familiar with Citrico's lounge space, but I understand it is better if you want to eat.

On a Monorail Crawl:
-- We stay at Contemporary and The Wave offers nothing special, imho, but the Signature, CA Grill is a possibility (if you can get up there early - well before the demand for viewing the fireworks).
-- Trader Sam's inside Polynesian is kinda' over-the-top for a cocktail lounge (and a great place to start a Monorail Crawl).....
-- Then head over to Grand Floridian for either or both Mizner's and/or a Signature meal.

We make a point to stop at Mizner's every trip. We go to Narcoossee's every trip as well, so we stop at Mizner's for a cocktail or two before we walk over to Narcoossee's to eat. It is a lovely atmosphere, especially when the band is playing. We love relaxing in the GF lobby and doing some shopping there too, if we have the time.

Good to know! Ok, we'll check it out for sure! Hopefully we can catch the band!! My husband is a classical musician and he generally appreciates a more grown up atmosphere and soundscape ;)

When we are at GF, love to stop at Mizners and get a drink. The Jazz band is always great to listen to. Have never tried the food as we usually have reservations at one of the restaurants, but the drinks are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter