Misson: Space, Orange or Green?

JakeAZ

DIS Veteran
I've never been on this ride. Nobody in my family has.

I am very prone to motion sickness, but will have "the patch" on. I have a feeling my 7 year old will want the Orange side, but my 4 year old will need to do Green, due to his height. So, if my older son is going to be able to do orange, either my wife or I will need to join him.

My wife is also prone to motion sickness, but not as bad.

My question is for those of you have motion sickness and wore the patch, did that allow you to enjoy the Orange side? Or is it just too intense? I'd like to do it with my son, if possible, but I don't want it to ruin my day.

Thanks!

It is pretty intense and can definitely ruin your day. I usually do the green side and let my kids go through on their own to do the orange side. They can ride anything without any problems. However, on our last trip, they both said they had no desire to do orange again and didn't feel all that great when they got off of the ride.

The 7 yr old is old enough to ride alone. I wouldn't risk it. That ride is rough.

Thank you everyone. So should I avoid it all together or would green be ok?

Motion sickness medications do work for me. I've just read that the orange side can still be quite rough on medication.

For me, neither :(
This is the one ride at Disney I cannot handle, even green. For me it is mostly about claustrophobia on the green side, not motion sickness. Orange is a hard pass.

Orange is pretty intense. I don't care for it because as you're blasting off I feel intense weight on my chest. Won't do it again. Green was totally fine.

Took DH on it his first trip, very first ride. He had to sit down for 45 minutes afterwards to regain himself.

My dad actually helped install this ride originally. It spins pretty darn fast to give you that weightless feeling.

I have zero motion sickness ever and felt awful after the orange side. Never again. And I love, love, love intense rides...this one is painful.

Same here. We went on Green first since I wasn't sure how rough it was and kids were 7 & 8. We LOVED it, so when we went back later in the day with a FP, we decided to upgrade to Orange. Big mistake! We all felt queasy the rest of the day and none of us have ever been bothered on any other rides...

I can't comment on medications, because I don't take them. I just avoid things that make me sick. Without medication, green still made me sick.
If I avoided rides that made me sick, without medication, I'd be just walking around all day! :P For me, medication is a must. Thankfully, it works.

Personally I don't do either side, medicated or not. Definitely would not do the orange side. I'd suggest trying the green side with the older child and then depending on how you two do send the younger child. My kids don't even get motion sickness but I am not interested in sending them on the ride.

I always questioned my personal bias against that ride went. I am seeing many agree with my disdain against the ride .

I always wonder how much longer that ride has before it is decommissioned and turned into something else.

My daughter loves this ride, but I have a severe, put-a-fork-in-the-day motion sickness with Orange.

Green still gives you some of the sensations that Orange does, but much less so. I can easily tolerate Green. We rode it has a family of 4 on our last trip and we all did well.

The orange side wrecked our day a bit-two of our kids went on it and they don't get motion sick at all. They felt awful after the ride. The green side doesn't bother anyone in our crew, but in would be cautious in your shoes. Would your 7 year old even know what he was missing if you all just did the green side?

I've never been one for orange and quite honestly, now that they have revamped the green side it doesn't even make our list of things to do at Epcot anymore. For us now its just seems more like a very lame version of Soarin'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter