Mission Space?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I have not attempted this since it opened, and then we did the easy one. DH did not care for it, we have not done it since, but a friend says the lesser dramatic one has totally changed, and I think she says it goes around earth. I got a FP for it in February, but want to check here. Is it tamer than it was, or significantly different?

Thank you.

I can and will ride any ride out there! Spinning, upside down, fast, slow...... you name it and I'll ride it! With that being said; Years ago......I went on Mission Space and felt nauseous for the next few hours. I swore I'd never ride it again. Then they came out with the green and orange versions of the ride. I've ridden the green one without problems, haven't attempted the orange one yet!

Yes, the green version has changed to a trip around the earth. I'll also agree that I like the older version better.

The standby lines for the green side are often pretty short. You may find it unnecessary to use a FP here, so if there's another attraction you'd like to use it on, I'd encourage you to do so...

I hadn't been on Mission: Space before, and was somewhat anxious about it, so thought I'd try Green first. It is indeed pretty short and tame, no more intense than any other simulator - with the exception of the fact that it's in a very enclosed space, if you have any problems with that. That emboldened me to try Orange, and while I'm glad I did, I agree that it's far more intense with the centrifuge on, and the mission itself is also longer and more "thrilling". I was okay afterwards, but you definitely get a strong feeling of pressure, which does add to the immersion a lot but is a strange and potentially unpleasant sensation.

I just did both. We like the Orange version that goes to Mars. I never saw the green version before it changed. We did the green version just last week for the first time. It was fun. Very tame. Everyone enjoyed it because it was new to us.

I can and will ride any ride out there! Spinning, upside down, fast, slow...... you name it and I'll ride it! With that being said; Years ago......I went on Mission Space and felt nauseous for the next few hours. I swore I'd never ride it again. Then they came out with the green and orange versions of the ride. I've ridden the green one without problems, haven't attempted the orange one yet!

Last week I did the Green one firs and it was fun, very smooth ride for everyone, so I thought "What could go wrong ridding the Orange one?"
Well... everything, I ended feeling like you felt years ago, dizzy, nauseous for the next few hours. It was a fun ride but I would never do it again.

I like both sides and I'm one person that's glad they changed the green side. It makes one attraction, two very different rides. The green side now feels like you're on ISS or one of the earlier rockets orbiting the earth and I really like that. It's thrilling to see our little planet from outer space. It's very tame, but that's okay. For those who want something other than tame, the orange side gives you that AND it has a completely different story line that takes you to Mars.

Thank you for all the descriptions, we have a better idea of what to expect!

Mission Space and Star Tours are a NO GO for me. Unless we want to repeat the Incident of 2015.

The orange side is the only ride in my history of loving theme parks to make me actually feel nauseous. I ride everything...EVERYTHING and after riding the green side I figured the orange side would be okay. I actually got a little scared towards the end that I would throw up in the ride and afterwards I had to sit down to recover. Luckily, I wasn't sick for hours like some report. I was good to move in 10 or so minutes and perfectly fine after 20ish minutes.

Mission space orange is the only no no for my husband together with the teacups and, I assume from looking at it, Primeeval Whirl. He did love the green side so we're planning on having him ride that with the kid while I do orange.

Mission Space and Star Tours are a NO GO for me. Unless we want to repeat the Incident of 2015.

I forgot to add the Astro Orbiter. I rode this for the last time in October. The last 10 seconds it felt like we were going hyper speed. I couldn't even get into the elevator for the ride down and had to stay up there until I regained my composure.

Mission space orange is the only no no for my husband together with the teacups and, I assume from looking at it, Primeeval Whirl. He did love the green side so we're planning on having him ride that with the kid while I do orange.

I can't do teacups anymore, so I was a little worried about Primevil Whirl. It only twirls at the very end and it's not much of a twirl. I was fine and could have ridden it again right after if we had wanted to do so.

I have not attempted this since it opened, and then we did the easy one. DH did not care for it, we have not done it since, but a friend says the lesser dramatic one has totally changed, and I think she says it goes around earth. I got a FP for it in February, but want to check here. Is it tamer than it was, or significantly different?

Thank you.
I don't see any answer to this question.
The Green side of the ride itself, as in how it operates, has not changed. It's not tamer, or more intense, than it was. It's exactly the same.
The only thing that changed significantly is the theme of the trip, which others addressed.

@JFox was it really bad? :sad1: Since our first trip with my son back in 2011, I just refused to do Mission Space. When I heard that there were "barf bags" on the ride, that was my sign to stay away. I'm not sure it that was a rumor or the absolute truth, but knowing how I get just sitting on a boat that hasn't yet moved told me to stay clear of Mission Space both sides included! :scared: I do fine on the teacups when they aren't spun any extra and I focus on who I'm riding with not outside the teacup. FoP is going to be a no go for us on our trip in June, but I am going to finally try Soarin. That one wasn't a motion sickness thing so much as a height issue. But I'm told height really isn't a problem on the ride.

@JFox was it really bad? :sad1: Since our first trip with my son back in 2011, I just refused to do Mission Space. When I heard that there were "barf bags" on the ride, that was my sign to stay away. I'm not sure it that was a rumor or the absolute truth, but knowing how I get just sitting on a boat that hasn't yet moved told me to stay clear of Mission Space both sides included! :scared: I do fine on the teacups when they aren't spun any extra and I focus on who I'm riding with not outside the teacup. FoP is going to be a no go for us on our trip in June, but I am going to finally try Soarin. That one wasn't a motion sickness thing so much as a height issue. But I'm told height really isn't a problem on the ride.

Really Bad? Not really but it's all relative. I think I'm just getting OLD! Now a days it's the weirdest things that could set off.

This is my current list
Star Tours
Mission Space
Astro Orbiter
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - sometimes

I rode body wars years ago and couldn't handle it. I've stayed away from Mission Space for that reason. We might try the green side since it is getting tame reviews here.. How is FoP? I can do teacups, coasters, soarin, etc..

I rode body wars years ago and couldn't handle it. I've stayed away from Mission Space for that reason. We might try the green side since it is getting tame reviews here.. How is FoP? I can do teacups, coasters, soarin, etc..

Body Wars was the worst! I'd say give Mission:Space green a try. It's nowhere near as bad as Body Wars was. If that works out, give Star Tours a try. Similar in concept to Body Wars, but not as intense (although they have several different experiences, some a little more queasy factor than others). FoP is a similar concept to Soarin', but definitely more intense. Some call it Soarin' on steroids. I didn't have a problem with it, but some have. I would think if you could do teacups, you should be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter