• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission space, worth it?

:crazy2:To each their own, but Mission Space in my family's opinion is horrible and not something we would consider doing again. Very claustrophobic. Kids were scared because you are strapped in such a way you can't talk/comfort the person next to you. Usually if we're on a ride/roller coaster, I can put my hand on their knee, give them a little pat and reassure them. This ride you cannot do that. Also the g-forces are very strong and we all got off that ride feeling very sick.
We LOVE every single other ride/roller coaster disney has to offer - Mission Space is a pass.

I have only been on it one and I made me sick. I will never do it again.

Mission Space is a frustrating ride for me. The ride itself I actually enjoy in terms of the movement, but what makes me nauseas is that stupid screen you look at! Does anyone else find that?!!?! Like the g-force or whatever I actually find fun, but the "bugginess" of the screen gives me a headache, which that paired with the movement makes me feel ill.

I would do it so at least you can say you've done it. I personally love Mission Space as I love thrill rides. I agree with someone above said they don't understand the point in doing the light version. The whole ride is supposed to be a simulation of what its like to take off into space and even astronauts said its very similar to the training they under go. So def try the real experience!

I've never been on mission space before, last time I was in WDW my best friend had decided she would never get on that ride again. This time I'm going with DBF. I don't really care for soarin or test track. Would it be worth it to work in going to Epcot just to ride mission space and go to the disney visa character M&G. We have EMH for animal kingdom in the morning we were planning on being there from 8-1 and then taking a pool break til our first FP at HS at 6:40.

I actually really like it. But that kind of has to do with my wanting to be an astronaut as a kid. I've done both sides (orange and blue). I prefer the orange side since you get more of a "rush" of weightlessness. The blue side was with my mom. She gets dizzy fairly easily, so the blue side was what she needed vs. the orange side.

I agree w/ other folks that IDK if it would be worth it to go to Epcot just for Mission Space. However if space and things dealing with NASA interest you it'd be neat to check out!

IMO I hate (I know that's a strong word) Mission Space. I'm just one of those people that gets sick on simulators and after my first experience, I'll never get back on it again. BUT if you're not prone to getting sick on simulators, go for it! My brothers LOVE the ride, it's just not for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter