Mission Space - what to expect

I completely agree with this. I rode the orange side when I was in my 20s and could ride everything. I had the worst headache of my life after and regretted it. I am now in my 40s and I can ride any rollercoaster and rides like Star Tours without issue but I will not chance the green side for our trip in Jan, it's not worth risking the sickness after.
Yeah I just cant handle it anymore either. Now I'm starting to re-think about riding his at all. I dont want my whole time ruined like when I got talked into going on tower of terror it just made me scared of everything the entire trip even space mountain which i can handle and ride it for my daughter but would prefer not to.

Yeah I just cant handle it anymore either. Now I'm starting to re-think about riding his at all. I dont want my whole time ruined like when I got talked into going on tower of terror it just made me scared of everything the entire trip even space mountain which i can handle and ride it for my daughter but would prefer not to.

If you like star tours and are not claustrophobic, green side will be fine. Orange side spins you in a centrifuge. The tilting of the ride vehicle (This increases and decreases the amount of g-forces you feel, allowing the ride to change that aspect faster than the centrifuge can speed up or slow down spinning) along with the spinning is what can cause motion sickness in susceptible people. Green does neither of those. It is really mild.

Isn't it that they just additionally made the green side a takeoff and return to earth, along with the no spinning? What else changed?
Green’s storyline is completely different than Orange’s now; it’s now themed after a launch, orbit, and landing of Earth. You still do the same stuff (with no spinning), but the narration and visuals are completely different than Orange.

Orange still has the original mission to Mars theme.

I'm a total chicken when it comes to rides. Thunder Mountain is about the most intensity I can take for roller coasters. But Mission:Space Orange is my absolute FAVORITE ride in all of WDW. The intensity and G forces are much different imo than a roller coaster. I don't know if that helps, but thought I'd share.

Green’s storyline is completely different than Orange’s now; it’s now themed after a launch, orbit, and landing of Earth. You still do the same stuff (with no spinning), but the narration and visuals are completely different than Orange.

Orange still has the original mission to Mars theme.
Yes, that is what I thought.

Mission space is kind of an interactive ride, what happens if you mess up your role in the scheme of things? Does it get more intense or regardless of rider interaction it will always play out the same?

Mission space is kind of an interactive ride, what happens if you mess up your role in the scheme of things? Does it get more intense or regardless of rider interaction it will always play out the same?

It's always the same. Sometimes you only get 3 people in a pod, and things work find when the open position is supposed to push their buttons.

I'm so glad someone posted this! I have only been on Mission Space once and that was back in my early 20's when there was only one option! (the now Orange).

I'm still scared to even walk by that ride. But, my children have been asking about it and I wasn't sure if they could handle the Green. Thank you all for your information!

Orange is intense, but I find it a little easier than ride with big heights and clear *drops*. My first Orange messed me up a lot less than my first Everest.

Green is pretty fun. I'll take it over Soarin' any day, but not over Star Tours. As long as you can handle the tight space, it's great.

We rode Green on our last trip to Epcot. My son and I are not claustrophobic and don't get motion sick, so I felt like it was pretty mild. Thinking about doing orange side this trip. I'm not sure reading these descriptions have helped me to decide one way or the other! I can do things like Space Mountain and Big Thunder with no problem at all. Star Tours doesn't bother me. What I really hate are drops....which shouldn't come in to play with this ride. We would probably be okay with it...but I hate to chance being sick for an hour after when there is yummy food in World Showcase calling my name!

We rode Green on our last trip to Epcot. My son and I are not claustrophobic and don't get motion sick, so I felt like it was pretty mild. Thinking about doing orange side this trip. I'm not sure reading these descriptions have helped me to decide one way or the other! I can do things like Space Mountain and Big Thunder with no problem at all. Star Tours doesn't bother me. What I really hate are drops....which shouldn't come in to play with this ride. We would probably be okay with it...but I hate to chance being sick for an hour after when there is yummy food in World Showcase calling my name!
If you don't get motion sick from the coasters, Orange *shouldn't* have any major lasting effects-- as long as you keep looking straight ahead through the entire ride. Turning your head while the ride's spinning breaks the illusion of acceleration and is a quick way to vomit city.

I rode mission space once about 15 years ago - or when it first opened. The only reason that I did not vomit was because I'd had surgery that prevented me from barfing. I did gag and gag. There was no option back then.

I also rode this before there was a green side, back in 2004. It's the only ride that I will not go on again. I felt like I spent the whole ride trying not to die (and I was in high school then so I know I couldn't handle it now). I definitely couldn't make it as an astronaut :rotfl:

Mission Space Orange is my family's "never again" ride. I came the closet to puking that I have ever come on any ride (and I rode Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in LA back-to-back when it still had 3-D and let's just say I did not entirely enjoy that particular experience). My husband said the same thing. Even our daughter, who has been riding coasters since she hit 40 inches at 2.5 years old, has no interest on going on it again.

Green/Earth side didn't have any negative physical effect on us, but we found it kind of lame. I'd ride it again, but it's just not that fun.

I wish they had a level that was in-between: a bit more intense than Green/Earth, but doesn't make you re-evaluate your life choices like Orange/Mars does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter