• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mission space refurb delay?

Like the PP, I tried today for a FP for Sept 4th and no go. Will we have to wait for it to reopen before we can make FP+? I don't care for this ride, but my DS likes it.

Late summer could be anytime in August, or even in September, so who knows. I guess we will see what we get when August gets here.

Awww crap. No wonder I couldn't get FPs for August :(
Even if they hadn't made any changes to the current refurb schedule you wouldn't have been able to get a FP until they actually announced a firm opening date. If that makes sense.

Late summer could be anytime in August, or even in September, so who knows.
Disney knows, well kinda. There is a posted target date, and as AngiTN and CAS239 alluded to, when and until it gets closer to a "drop dead" completion date, no FPs.

Also, the OP posted that they read somewhere that there was a change in the reopening but I'm not seeing a change.

Although the ride, merchandise shop and training lab are closed, the hospitality lounge is available to authorized guests.

Don't know why they did that. All I know is that the internal Disney calendar has not changed and continues to list the same specific date. Maybe those two websites have inside info.
Does going from a date to TBD have to mean a delay?

Does going from a date to TBD have to mean a delay?
I think so. If they went from posting a specific date of July 30 to "TBD", the OP, and I, would take it to mean that they feel it's unknown and will probably be beyond the July 30th. Short answer, yes. But as I said earlier, internally, it still has a date.......for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter