Mission Space: How young?

ZachnElli

<font color=green>Is it Spring yet?<br><font color
Dh, ds (8) and I rode Mission Space this summer. DD is 5 now and I believe tall enough to ride. Just wondering if she is too young? She loves thrill rides and I know it's not scary. Just wondering how young some others have let their children ride it?

I went on it by myself to test it for 9 yo DD. (DH didn't care to do the ride.) I determined that my DD would not be able to stay forward focused enough to avoid becoming nauseous. She would want to look at me and that would throw her off.

You know your DD best. Can she stay focused? My DD loves Space Mountain and Rock n Roller Coaster, but I felt this one was not for her yet.

I think that unless you have a child who gets sick easily that it would be fine. My 4yo son was too short when we were there last month, but when we go back in January he should be tall enough and I will bring him. He loves to get dizzy and will probably like the ride.

T&B

My DD5 and DS8 (who has Down sydrome so is small and mentally about 4) LOVE the ride. They probably rode it 5 times in 2 days. I actually worried that they liked it too much and all the centrifugal force did damage to their little brains!! LOL

As far as looking straight ahead I am not sure how my boy with Down sydrome did it. I think he looked all around during the ride: at the screen, at me, at the controls, etc. He just plain had FUN!

So if they like thrill rides and they are tall enough than I'm sure they'll be fine. By the way, my DS10 won't even get close to it!!!

I went on this ride 6 times in Feb., 2004. I am 60 yrs old. I was with my family of 10 and the 7, 5, and 2.5 year olds did not ride.

I thought it was the best amusement park ride I ever rode.

This is not a scary ride like Dinosaurs. It is strictly a physical experience, and should be exicting to kids who don't easily get nauseated. Four years ago, my then 8 year old grandduaghter vomited after a day of Tower of Terror and Rock and RollerCoaster. This last visit in Feb. she rode them all multiple times including Mission Space and had not ill effects (and in fact loved Mission Space).

Mission Space has received an exagerated amount of negative hype. One of the times we went, there was a 50 year old lady and a kid of about 9 years old. They were both first timers, nervous cause of the warnings, and after the ride the 9 year old said something like> that's it??" I never saw anyone get off sick,

Thee hype scares some away out of line with the reality of the ride, which reality is fun and exciting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter