Mission Space - Green side

carolmp

Mouseketeer
The last time I was at Disney they only had one version of Mission Space. It was fun, but we all felt ill for several hours afterwards. Does the green version spin at all? How is it different than the other version?

DS (7) just went on for first time on Wednesday and said it was boring! lol

The green side doesn't spin at all but the orange side does. We had to use rider swap (b/c our 3 yo wasn't tall enough) and I rode the green side with my 9yo first. It was fun, but definitely not scary or sickening. The tight space was the only thing that might bother you if you are claustrophobic. My husband rode the orange side with my daughter on the second ride because she wanted something more exciting. He loved it and she felt a little 'off' for about 30 minutes after, but nothing too severe. I wish she would have been brave enough to try it with me the first time ;-)

The last time I was at Disney they only had one version of Mission Space. It was fun, but we all felt ill for several hours afterwards. Does the green version spin at all? How is it different than the other version?

It doesn't spin, but it does sort of tilt and rock, a little like Star Tours. It is a bit cramped, so claustrophobia could come into play, if you're susceptible.

I have heard reports that it's boring, but I don't think it is. It's just different. The orange side is a mission to Mars and you 'wake up' to an emergency landing going through meteors. The green side just goes around Earth, and is more peaceful. It reminded me a little bit of Soarin. It's not as immersive as Soarin is, but it does kind of offer a brief tour of our planet, and it doesn't have a potentially "scary" emergency to get through before you land. Definitely not as 'exciting' as the Orange, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

I find Green to be a waste of time. Maybe fun for a kid that is into space and you are afriad of motion sickness. Otherwise, if you are afraid of getting sick on Orange I would just skip all together.

I agree with him. We liked the green side until the latest update. It is really quite boring.

Yes, now that Green Team is just a flyover of Earth, it is not as good. Honestly, I never felt like I was missing much doing Green Team before, but now it seems less exciting.

To confirm for the OP, Green Team does not spin o simulate G-forces - it only shakes and tips a little bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter