Missing the Prizematron

mazdabug

DIS Veteran
You have won. I miss that. Loved when they would use the prizematron. I remember Pete saying John was going to get him for giving away trips an other high value prizes. Wish they would bring it back once in a while for a good time.

I also miss it! It was a lot of fun. I think the Universal team have mentioned on their show often somewhat recently, how they'd like to even just use it for having sound effects ready to go, not necessarily even for prizes. It would be cool to bring it back in some capacity.

I'm a prizematron winner. I won a 3-day, 2-night stay at the Swan/Dolphin a few years ago.

I miss it too. I also miss the little givewaways/rewards to listeners for stuff like sending in an email or voicemail that gets used on the show. I have a couple of DIS Unplugged t-shirts that I got that way. Now that I think of it, it's been ages since they did any kind of email or voicemail show. I miss that, too.

I must have placed that one way back in my memory -it's been so long since I even thought about it. Thanks for the memories....

Listen to the 2011 an early 2012 show archives. I love to go back an listen to them.

I was thinking just yesterday about how I always enjoyed the shows where they talked about gifts listeners mailed to them. I always liked to hear about the local goodies they received. I miss the Prizematron, too. And I think I was the only one who enjoyed when Teresa read off the birthdays! LOL

The Prizematron was great but they are a much larger show now with bigger production costs then they were in the past so I could see why they might have stopped doing it. Being larger and having a bigger presence also might have opened them up to more strict rules with their giveaways. When they were smaller and under the radar they might not have had anyone keeping an eye on unauthorized contests. That is just a speculative thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter