Missing teen in Aruba update..

This is terrible. Makes me remember my own senior trip and how reckless and invincible we felt that week. There but for the grace of God...

This is just so sad.

chadfromdallas said:
Very sad, indeed, but still I don't understand why this case got so much press...
#1) Blonde beautiful teenager from affluent community

#2) She disappeared during what should have been a celebration

#3) Violence and crime is very rare in Aruba. It's quite a safe place. That this happened there is even more shocking than the first 2 things would have normally made it.

How sad for the family and friends. I hope they can bring her home soon. Maybe they can find some comfort in that.

Actually, AP is reporting that the suspect only said that "something bad happened." And, he's agreed to lead them to the scene, not a body.

This is sad, however it is hardly deserving of the incredible attention it receives from the national news.

While I think it's sad what happened, I'm glad it got so much press. Maybe it will stop another teen from going off with strangers, thinking nothing will happen to them, that, as another poster said, they are invincible. That bad things only happen to ugly people, people who look like losers, look dumb, aren't popular, that their friends will stop them from doing dumb things,... etc.:(

The CNN newsreport is later than the "Something Bad Happened" report.

ophie said:
#1) Blonde beautiful teenager from affluent community

#2) She disappeared during what should have been a celebration

#3) Violence and crime is very rare in Aruba. It's quite a safe place. That this happened there is even more shocking than the first 2 things would have normally made it.

and

#4) she was white

If this is confirmed, may she Rest in Peace and Rise in Glory, and may the Holy Spirit comfort her family and friends.

Imzadi said:

Consider the source. CNN also reported that Macauley Culkin claimed that he was molested by Michael Jackson :rolleyes:

Imzadi said:
While I think it's sad what happened, I'm glad it got so much press. Maybe it will stop another teen from going off with strangers, thinking nothing will happen to them, that, as another poster said, they are invincible. That bad things only happen to ugly people, people who look like losers, look dumb, aren't popular, that their friends will stop them from doing dumb things,... etc.:(

I agree with posted reasons as to why so much coverage but to think that this will put a damper on future happenings is unrealistic. Teens and older people still DRINK and DRIVE with fatal results.

John

:( Has she been found yet?

This may not deserve the attention it got, but if it will prevent, just one person from making the same mistake then it was good.
It brought up a conversation with my daughter last night. Part of it was that no matter how safe you think you are, you have to be careful. Another is that everyone makes mistakes, that girls' mistake killed her.

on CNN this morning they are saying that the allegations are NOT true!. That there wasn't a confession...What has happened to responsible reporting in the world today?

Last night they said he was going to take the police to the scene, what became of that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter