• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Missing food at Disney

Have not seen the Marvelous at the French bakery for an awfully long time. First few times we thought may be they were just out. But it's been well over a year I'm sure.

My DH misses the buffalo steak at AP. He won't go there anymore. :sad2: I miss the beaver tails and the fettucini alfredo. We used to have it twice each trip.

Good news - the buffalo steak is back at AP - I had it back on 8/30 (and only $46)!

I don't even know where to start on this one! There used to be an amazing marble cheesecake in France I would get it all the time!

Also at Pinnochios in MK they used to have this salad trio it was tuna, chicken and potato salads I got that all the time too!

Another biggie that I absolutely miss - the macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi over mushroom risotto at Kona Cafe they took it off for a while and brought it back but with sticky rice and now it's just gone all together again :(

I haven't read the entire thread, but wanted to post my favorite that is no longer available: the monte cristo sandwich at Harbor House in MK.

It was a fantastic sandwich that had ham, turkey, and cheese, and it was fried and you dipped it in syrup. FANTASTIC! Definitely one of my all time favorites.

The Individual Chocolate Peanut Butter mouse cake from Pecos Bills. :lovestruc

So tired of the carrot cake everywhere and it is not even fresh cut like it used to be.

FUDGE>>>They switched to a trans fat free fudge and it is GROSS so dry and nasty.

Rubyprincess:

Whoah when that happen?

Edit: nm just realized that was from last year haha. Didn't have any problem with the fudge we got last nov soni guess we're ok!

The little stand up butter molds of Mickey Mouse on the tables at TS restaurants.

Tony's used to have the best non-character breakfast. Huge plates of eggs, pancakes, bacon, etc..

Butter Griddled Pound Cake at LTT (and the sweet tea!).

There was a restaurant/bar at Pleasure Island called Fireworks (then changed to Wildhorse Saloon) that had the best ice cream sundae that came with 4 or 5 lit sparklers coming out of it.

Biergarten (when it was a menu ordering lunch place and not a buffet) had soft pretzels on their menu that I would order and it would be 5-6 soft buttery pretzels (and not pretzel bread) with dipping sauces :lovestruc

Dixie Landings had the BEST CS food and one of my favorite desserts was the banana split that had 12 scoops of ice cream on it :lovestruc

Stuffed French toast (AS Movies)
Beavertails (Canada, Epcot)
Clam chowder in a bread bowl (Columbia Harbour House)
Pink lemonade and cherry Coke (Pop Century food court)
Country fried steak (Boatwrights)

salmon and spring rolls and fried rice at 'Ohana!!!
cocomisu at Boma - they might still have it, but never when I am there!

The old menu at Tutto Italia (with pork chop pops and a complete family style menu for parties of 10 or more).

I also miss the rotisserie grill (it was a quick/counter service) from the Harambe area of AK (it was where the pastry shop is now). So quick and easy and tasty w/A/C on hot summer days.

We eat almost every meal off site. Why pay a fortune for run of the mill. (it used to be good)

Missing....

Figaro Fries
Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches (Everywhere)
Sweet Potato Pancakes with Pecan Honey Butter (Boatwrights)
Shrimp Won Tons (O'Hanas)

The "Fresh from the Harbor" meal at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was cider cured salmon on griddled pumpkin bread. Great Googly Moogly it was astonishing. I ate it every time we came, usually twice. Now, it has been replaced by a salmon sandwich that features mayonaise. ICK!
--Eeyore's Wife

This was DH's and my favorite entree of all-time. I even have the recipe from the restaurant. I am beyond sad that it is gone...:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter