Missing 180 booking window? How bad is it?

M&E

Mouseketeer
Due to being out of town (on a cruise, not paying for wifi) I will miss my dining booking date by a full week. It is for our third week in August trip. It is not a free dining time. Family of 4.

These are the restaurants we want:

Mama Melrose- lunch
Sebastian's Bistro (CBR)- later dinner
Yak and Yeti- lunch
Space 220 (probably won't even have reservations yet)
Sci Fi Dine In- lunch
Mickey's Artful Breakfast (Riviera)

We won't be too disappointed if we can't get these (except for Mickey's Artful Breakfast!). Is the only way to guarantee we get them to give my account password to a friend and ask her to book for me on that day? Will these likely be available still when I return home a week late? (I know nobody can predict the future, just looking for an educated guess.) I don't hear these as usually hard to get reservations, but I haven't been in a couple years.

Thanks

We booked our August 10-18, 2019, trip less than 60 days out. We had no trouble getting Sci Fi lunch and Mama Melrose dinner (which I ended up changing to lunch). We also booked a lot of reservations day of on that trip too.

Unless you are trying to get one of the really popular restaurants, probably won't have much of a problem.
In your list, Scf FI is about the only one that could be difficult.

You should not have any problem making any of these ADRs a week after your 180 day window opens. Currently, ADRs can be made through July 31. I just did a quick check and everything on you list is available on every random day I looked at in July. Including the Fourth. Unless specific times are super critical to you, I wouldn't stress over waiting a week.

CRT and CG Brunch are really the only places that sell out right at the 180 day mark.

Steve

I'd say it may be an issue with Sci-Fi and Space 220 ( if they are taking ADRs at your 60 day mark ). Otherwise, the rest should be OK.

I will always login at 180 days, make all my reservations, swear to myself that this is it, and then spend the next 5 months and 29 days tinkering with my plans and moving restaurants and dates and times around. 😂 As others have said, request a reservation finder if you’re really shut out of something, but otherwise just keep checking and you’ll be fine.

I will always login at 180 days, make all my reservations, swear to myself that this is it, and then spend the next 5 months and 29 days tinkering with my plans and moving restaurants and dates and times around. 😂 As others have said, request a reservation finder if you’re really shut out of something, but otherwise just keep checking and you’ll be fine.

This has been me. I made a whole holiday full of ADRs and have moved or changed most of them since then!

I almost never book early enough to make ADRs at 180 days. I’ve had success getting many of my favorite restaurants within just a few weeks, let alone months ahead.

This is me as well. I've changed reservations for my upcoming trip multiple times since I initially booked - except O'Hana. That's one reservation you book and have a hard time changing. Also, I always have to tweak after making FP reservations if times don't align. And if I'm doing that, chances are others are doing the same and hopefully they drop a reservation you can pick up.

This is great! Thank you all so much. I feel better about missing my 180 mark. If we can't get one, I'll keep trying. There are alternate reservations that would be fine too, I guess I was just worried there would be nothing left at all. Apparently dining reservations aren't like FP.

It all depends on when ou go, crowd levels and dining location. Sci Fi can be hard but lunch tends to be easier. Space will be hard when it comes out. The rest on your list should not be an issue. We were under 180 on last trip in January and had no issues. Oga Cantina in GE will be hard if you do that.

Everything is still wide open for our June trip- well after the 180 day period started. I’m quite surprised. Lots of times for BOG, CRT, Sci-Fi, Ohana, and Cali. I had no problems getting anything at the end of January for early June.

This doesn't answer your question, I'm offering a solution.
If you are concerned about not getting the ADRs you'd like, do you have a trusted friend or family member who can log in for you and book the hard to get meals?

This doesn't answer your question, I'm offering a solution.
If you are concerned about not getting the ADRs you'd like, do you have a trusted friend or family member who can log in for you and book the hard to get meals?
I've thought about doing this, but I think I'll just take my chances and book when I get back from my trip.

DH and I recently started planning a trip a good 2 months inside the 180-day window. I was very surprised at just how easy it was to grab most of what I wanted when I wanted it. I've had to make a few compromises on times. (My heart is set on eating at Ohana if I can make it happen and right now we will be eating later than ideal) But pretty much I have been able to find what I want with in a few hours of when I was thinking I wanted it. Including Sci Fi Dine In. Just keep going back in and refreshing every now and then till you find what you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter