Misc. List of questions (mainly kid oriented)

Mommy2Logan

Mouseketeer
We will be there for 4 nights, 3 full days April 6-10. Two adults with a four year old boy.

1. Premium kids activities....worth it? Was considering the Surfin Fish Chip N Dale activity. There is a Goofy pool party at 2pm and then the surfin premium activity at Aunty's Beach House starts at 3pm-6pm. Is there enough time to do both and then get to the Surfin thing at 3? We have dinner reservations at 7pm at Four Seasons. Wondering if it's too much for one afternoon/evening to cram all that in and try to get my 4 year old dressed and ready for dinner somewhere in there.

2. Movie Night....are there towels/blankets to sit on or do we need to bring our own?

3. How long did you have to wait to rent a stand up paddle board or boogie board? I read somewhere that someone waited 2 hours!!

4. Mickey Breakfast.....we have reservations but am reconsidering just because the only time available was during the time we should probably be fighting for a lounge chair at the pool (7:15). Are there plenty of other opportunities for the kids to meet Mickey around the resort or shoudl we just knock it out in the breakfast?

5. Blankets on the Bed.....I've heard that there is not a blanket on the bed. Just a thin coverlet? Do we need to bring some blankets from home?

Can't help with the Premium activities or the Mickey Breakfast but the movie night, they previously handed out reed mats to sit on.

Boogie boards are a "if there are any. here you go" deal - they are leftovers that people have left behind - so they are free on an availability basis. In saying that, my 3 kids haven't had to wait for one. SUP is a paid activity and again we've never had to wait.

What room are you staying in? We always have a 2 bedroom villa and there are blankets in the wardrobes as well as more in the "coffee table" in the living room. We don't find it cold in Hawaii - we set the room temp on 23'C (74'F) and find that perfect.

1. We haven't done the paid kids' activities--our son always enjoyed the free activities at Aunty's. The pool party only lasts maybe about 30 mins? That being said, that would be too crammed in for me to try to wrangle a 4 year old to get ready for dinner.

2. Our experience also was that CMs provide reed mats

3. We never had to wait--always plenty available, but maybe we just had good timing?

4. I wouldn't say that there are tons of opportunities to meet Mickey outside of the breakfast--he will be at the pool party, and there are character meet and greets throughout the resort grounds (mostly in the afternoon--you can ask CMs who will be where and when), but it's not like he's everywhere or you'll just run into him all the time.

5. We were cold without blankets--yes, it's just a light coverlet; however, we just requested additional blankets from housekeeping--no big deal.

Its true about the lack of blankets. I was cold at times, but likely could have requested additional blankets from housekeeping. We just didn't bother. There is no way I'd bring a blanket from home - that would take up valuable luggage space.

1) Not what you asked but just wanted to comment that with the time change I know my kids couldn’t do a 7 pm dinner at that age, especially after a long day with activities. Unless you’ll be somewhere else first and fully on HI time I would consider an earlier res or would leave the child at aunties to zone out and watch tv. Also wrt time change and that age range, remember there is a tv by the front desk showing Disney Jr round the clock. It was actually a friendly place to meet other parents of youngsters the first few days when my son was up at 4am and we had nowhere to go.

2) It gets breezy in the nights so be sure to bring something warm to wear to the movie. It was the only time I felt uncomfortable (and we just turned the ac off at night and didn’t feel the need for blankets)

4) When we were there last month I feel like Mickey was included in the character photos ops close to every other day but he was usually located on the lawn, not somewhere you would stumble across him so def call the hotline every morning to check.

Thank you for the replies. Good point about the late night dinner. Maybe we will move that up a bit since that particular dinner will only be our second night there.

We are staying in a 2 queen pool view room. Not sure if there will be a coffee table. Might have to call down for a blanket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter