Minor with different name on DL reservation or ticket purchase.

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
The plan for next summer is to book a 2 bedroom suite at Tropicana directly, and to purchase DL tickets on Disneyland.com. If DD is still with her boyfriend, we're going to invite him to come along. When I purchase tickets online, is Disney going to ask why a minor child has a different last name than the rest of us?

My minor children and I do not share a last name and Disney has never blinked across many resort and ticket purchases...

Nope just got back, doing the exact same thing. Didnt even bat an eye. Also, they never asked him for ID so, if something were to happen and he is no longer invited, well anyone can use that ticket, the name on it doesnt mean a thing really. Have fun!

The name you put in when you buy tickets is totally irrelevant. The ticket doesn't have to be used by that person.... you could put in Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald if you wanted. But last name discrepancies won't matter anyway- plenty of reasons for this to happen and parents bring other people's kids all the time (I've brought DD's friends several times without their parents- even as young as at 8yrs old).

Also going to affirm here, I went to Disneyland with just me and my at the time 12 yo bonus kiddo and it was not an issue. We do not share a last name and I do not have legal custody of him. I've traveled a few places with just him and I and we've never been questioned about it. I do also travel with a letter from his mom(my wife) that gives permission for him to travel with me and to get emergency treatment.

I assume this is way more common than you think. Many parents & child don't share the same last name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter