Minnie Vans

Sheila E.

Mouseketeer
Is there a way to find out ahead of time what the fare is from one resort to another? Im considering taking one on my next trip depending on the price. Thanks

If you go into the app and set it up to just about get one it should tell u the price

but if your not there its based off distance now i think

Try the website rideguru.com. Not only does it list the costs of a Lyft or Uber between any 2 points, it will also give you the mileage so you can calculate the cost if you want to take a Minnie Van instead.

You will find the experts on the Transportation Forum, not here on the Resort Forum

It will give you the price when you select a Minnie Van in the app (before you commit to it). I'd say $35 is an average price from point A to point B. When we used the Minnie Vans in November, I had a Lyft coupon for $10 off during my stay. My fares ran from $22-$25. We used it several times.

Try the website rideguru.com. Not only does it list the costs of a Lyft or Uber between any 2 points, it will also give you the mileage so you can calculate the cost if you want to take a Minnie Van instead.
Don't know if Rideguru will help for MinnieVans or not since they are not usual Lyft pricing. They have a surcharge added on top. If it doesn't specifically mention Minnie Van you can't use it for pricing on them

Don't know if Rideguru will help for MinnieVans or not since they are not usual Lyft pricing. They have a surcharge added on top. If it doesn't specifically mention Minnie Van you can't use it for pricing on them
The idea is supposed to be to take the basic $15 charge and then use the mileage X $2.75 a mile to get a cost on the Minnie Vans. It has nothing to do with Lyft pricing, Lyft and Uber are mentioned separately.

Last edited:
We used Minnie Vans three times last week - once from Wilderness Lodge to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and then Animal Kingdom Lodge to Disney Springs. I did have a $3 off ride coupon so our rides (with tip) were about $35 each trip. I found it well worth the money, with two younger kids, I was extremely impressed with the drivers ability to properly install the car seats and how efficient they were. Now if I didn't have children that needed car seats, I'd probably opt for regular lyft as those prices for the same trips were in the $10 - $12 range.

Is there a way to find out ahead of time what the fare is from one resort to another? Im considering taking one on my next trip depending on the price. Thanks

Unless you 100% need a car seat or want to ride in a polka-dotted vehicle (or are going to MK...but then you could just have another service take you to the Contemporary and walk from there), just use Lyft or Uber. It’ll be scads cheaper because no fluff surcharge.

The idea is supposed to be to take the basic $15 charge and then use the mileage X $2.75 a mile to get a cost on the Minnie Vans. It has nothing to do with Lyft pricing, Lyft and Uber are mentioned separately.
Ah gotcha. Not sure everyone else knows the amount of the Minnie Van flat fee so this is quite helpful

In the lyft app, enter your start and destination. You'll see ECONOMY, EXTRA SEATS, ... Keep scrolling past LUXURY to MORE. The MV is listed under more.

BLT to DS
MV = $35.77
Economy = $11.02

I know which one we'll be using!

In the lyft app, enter your start and destination. You'll see ECONOMY, EXTRA SEATS, ... Keep scrolling past LUXURY to MORE. The MV is listed under more.

BLT to DS
MV = $35.77
Economy = $11.02

I know which one we'll be using!
There's really only 2 instances that someone would want to use Minnie Vans
Well, 3 I suppose
1, you need 2 car seats (no other service has 2) Economy Lyft won't replace MV if you need car seats.
2, you want to go to MK and you don't want to go to CR and walk or GF and ride the monorail, short on time maybe? This is why I've used it personally
3, you have money to burn

Well, 3 I suppose
1, you need 2 car seats (no other service has 2) Economy Lyft won't replace MV if you need car seats.
2, you want to go to MK and you don't want to go to CR and walk or GF and ride the monorail, short on time maybe? This is why I've used it personally

Adding ...
4, getting to or from the Hoop De Doo if you don't want to take the bus(ses).

Well, 3 I suppose
5- You dont trust random drivers and want someone who was hired by disney

We have 3 children, only 1 uses a car seat (shes 2). Since theres 5 of us Im thinking MV is our only option. We have a couple resort breakfasts planned. Thoughts?

We have 3 children, only 1 uses a car seat (shes 2). Since theres 5 of us Im thinking MV is our only option. We have a couple resort breakfasts planned. Thoughts?
You will fit in UberXL plus Car Seat
But do the price comparison. There are times where the Minnie Van is about the same cost once you add on the upcharge for the car seat

Thanks

Another great reason to take a Minnie Van over an uber/lyft is that Minnie Vans are accessible they have vans that can accept 1 wheelchair/scooter/ecv and vans that can accept 2 wheelchairs/scooters/ecv they are great for accommodating those with mobility devices. Typically I cannot find an Uber or Lyft that can accommodate my family plus my wheelchair so it’s not really an option at all, and though Minnie Vans can be expensive some times of the day it’s much easier to call a Minnie Van over using the bus system.

I do have a question though, when we first started using Minnie Vans it was a flat fee w/tip included now that it’s a flat fee + mileage is the tip still included or is a tip expected now?

Well, 3 I suppose
3, you have money to burn.
Adding ...
4, getting to or from the Hoop De Doo if you don't want to take the bus(ses).

5- You dont trust random drivers and want someone who was hired by disney
6- you just want to ride in MinnieVan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter