• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie Van vrs regular rideshare

The advantage of MV is that they can drop you off at some better places, however, there are some odd drop offs. At AK, MV drops far away (near the buses) while a ride share drops right at the entrance. Not sure why.

We use MV for MK all the time.
MV have 2 car seats. Accessible MV can accomodate 2 ECVs.

A big deal for guests with that need

For us, a huge advantage for MV is the “cool factor.” Plus the CM drivers have been consistently engaging, polite, and fun.

This, also I find that going to Disney Springs in a regular rideshare is sometimes a bit dicey if you get a newer driver who's not familiar with the area. Ever since riding in circles over and over again until it made me late for a dinner ADR, if I need a rideshare to DS I just eat the extra cost and get a MV.

This, also I find that going to Disney Springs in a regular rideshare is sometimes a bit dicey if you get a newer driver who's not familiar with the area. Ever since riding in circles over and over again until it made me late for a dinner ADR, if I need a rideshare to DS I just eat the extra cost and get a MV.
What I hope is a related question - do the rideshares/MVs drop you off near the Cirque theater at DS? Same pick-up spot? We're considering rideshare to DS for the first time later this year - trying to understand the option! Thx

What I hope is a related question - do the rideshares/MVs drop you off near the Cirque theater at DS? Same pick-up spot? We're considering rideshare to DS for the first time later this year - trying to understand the option! Thx
I only did it the one time, but when I took a MV he dropped me off in one of the garages so I could go straight down the escalator to where I needed to go.

MV will drop you off in the same drop off as the buses. Pick up from Springs is right before bus load zone #1 across from lost and found.

So by reading different posts

Magic kingdom MV drops you at the buses closer to the gate and Uber/Lyft drops you at TTC

Animal kingdom MV drops you at the buses and not that close to the gate. (actual Uber/lfyt is closer to the gate/entrance here)

What about Hollywood studios?

Animal Kingdom drop off is load zone 10. It is close to the entrance. I would bet it isn't further than Uber or Lyft just a different walk. Hollywood Studios is in load zone 29. Studios drop for MV is closer than Uber of Lyft.

Animal Kingdom drop off is load zone 10. It is close to the entrance. I would bet it isn't further than Uber or Lyft just a different walk. Hollywood Studios is in load zone 29. Studios drop for MV is closer than Uber of Lyft.
Agree that distance from MV drop and Uber/Lyft drop at AK are similar distance for walkers. Depending on the time of day, though, I expect the MV drop at the bus depot is less congested. Trying to leave AK via Uber/Lyft at closing is a bit crazy!

MV will drop you off in the same drop off as the buses. Pick up from Springs is right before bus load zone #1 across from lost and found.
I specifically asked about drop off for Springs and our MV driver said they are allowed to drop off on West Side, Marketplace or the main bus drop off. She said they are not allowed to drop off in the garages (we had a driver drop us there once (an act of extreme kindness).

MV have 2 car seats. Accessible MV can accomodate 2 ECVs.

A big deal for guests with that need
Are you certain about this?

I would very much like it to be accurate, but when my wife looked into this she could only find where they accomdate 1 ECV.

Does anyone have any actual aerial photos of the Minnie-van drop-off locations? I've been searching for this and/or a bus stop (especially HS) number map with the van number for about 45 minutes now and I'll be danged if I can't find one anywhere, and the google image of Hollywood Studios is like from 5 years ago when the bus stops were under construction. I'm traveling with a disabled person and we're counting every step and I'd like to know where these drop-offs are.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any actual aerial photos of the Minnie-van drop-off locations? I've been searching for this and/or a bus stop (especially HS) number map with the van number for about 45 minutes now and I'll be danged if I can't find one anywhere, and the google image of Hollywood Studios is like from 5 years ago when the bus stops were under construction. I'm traveling with a disabled person and we're counting every step and I'd like to know where these drop-offs are.

Thanks.
The new bus load zones have 3 loops. Minnie Vans drop off in the second or middle loop at the first load zone on the right if you are walking away from the park. I hope this helps. I have always hated posting picture to this site. If you use Google Maps it will show you the drop off point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter