• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie Van - Disney Springs to Magic Kingdom

ChelsieM

Earning My Ears
Are Minnie Van's only available if you are only coming from or going to a resort? I was interested in taking it from Disney Springs to Magic Kingdom.

Unrelated, if I have a credit in my Lyft account after using a referral code to register, can I apply that credit to the Minnie Van ride?

Minnie Vans will pickup at DS.

You should be able to apply the credit. I get 25% off rides this month and that applies to MV too.

Why do people take the Minivan and not just a Lyft/Uber? Is it because of how the car is painted and double the price LOL
Thank you.

Why do people take the Minivan and not just a Lyft/Uber? Is it because of how the car is painted and double the price LOL
Thank you.

Some people need car seats, others want the convenience of being able to take it from MK. Others don't like Uber/Lyft and prefer a Disney employee driving them.

Some people need car seats, others want the convenience of being able to take it from MK. Others don't like Uber/Lyft and prefer a Disney employee driving them.

Thank you. This is helpful. Do they have Minnievans that are able to transport a non folded fully essembaled scooter? Is there an actual area that shows when reserving it to request with scooter teansport?

Also, when you mention pick up in MK, does this mean by the busses and not TTC?

Thanks.

Thank you. This is helpful. 1. Do they have Minnievans that are able to transport a non folded fully essembaled scooter? 2. Is there an actual area that shows when reserving it to request with scooter teansport?

3. Also, when you mention pick up in MK, does this mean by the busses and not TTC?

Thanks.

1. Yes
2. There is a number you need to call; ask at your resort.
3. Yes

I had the same question as the OP but just want to make absolutely sure.... We are staying off property next month, but would like to park at Disney Springs and take a Minnie Van to and from the Magic Kingdom. Cost is not an issue. Is this doable for anyone...any time of day? Also, where do we wait for the Minnie Van to pick us up? Thanks!

I had the same question as the OP but just want to make absolutely sure.... We are staying off property next month, but would like to park at Disney Springs and take a Minnie Van to and from the Magic Kingdom. Cost is not an issue. Is this doable for anyone...any time of day? Also, where do we wait for the Minnie Van to pick us up? Thanks!
If cost is no issue, why would you not want to park in the TTC lot (parking for the MK)? Unless you're planning on shopping at Disney Springs, it seems like you'll be wasting a large chunk of time doing what you want to do..

It's things like this that will soon make them charge for parking at Disney Springs ...

If cost is no issue, why would you not want to park in the TTC lot (parking for the MK)? Unless you're planning on shopping at Disney Springs, it seems like you'll be wasting a large chunk of time doing what you want to do..

It's things like this that will soon make them charge for parking at Disney Springs ...
You’re missing my point...I want to bypass the TTC (and the parking tram, and the boat/monorail, and the toll plaza for that matter). I'm wiling to pay a premium to trade a multi-step process for one easy step. A round-trip MV ride is way more expensive than parking at the TTC. There are some people who try to avoid any expense (for example - park at DS and catch a bus to the parks at Saratoga). That's not what I'm trying to do. I’m willing to pay way more than the $25 parking fee to be dropped off at the front of MK.

Last edited:
You’re missing my point...I want to bypass the TTC (and the parking tram, and the boat/monorail, and the toll plaza for that matter). I'm wiling to pay a premium to trade a multi-step process for one easy step. A round-trip MV ride is way more expensive than parking at the TTC. There are some people who try to avoid any expense (for example - park at DS and catch a bus to the parks at Saratoga). That's not what I'm trying to do. I’m willing to pay way more than the $25 parking fee to be dropped off at the front of MK.

Just seems like you were trying to avoid the parking fee...

Since you want to bypass the TTC, I'd probably just take a normal UBER to the Contemporary resort and walk over then...you're avoiding the extra step of the stop at DS...

Just seems like you were trying to avoid the parking fee...

Since you want to bypass the TTC, I'd probably just take a normal UBER to the Contemporary resort and walk over then...you're avoiding the extra step of the stop at DS...

I figured my comment about cost not being an issue (as well as taking a premium car service) covered any question about avoiding fees. ;) But I digress. Hiring a car to the Contemporary is an option but I like the fact that with a MV, they all have kid safety seats. And I think it would just be fun. I appreciate the fact that you’re trying to suggest time and money saving tips though. I really just wanted to know if a MV from DS to MK is an option. I gather the answer is yes.

Last edited:
Minnie Van hours are 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. and, yes, your plan is completely doable. There are pick-up/drop-off locations at either end of Disney Springs -- in the Strawberry parking lot and over in Marketplace.

Minnie Van hours are 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. and, yes, your plan is completely doable. There are pick-up/drop-off locations at either end of Disney Springs -- in the Strawberry parking lot and over in Marketplace.
Very helpful Missyrose, thank you so much!

I figured my comment about cost not being an issue (as well as taking a premium car service) covered any question about avoiding fees. ;) But I digress. Hiring a car to the Contemporary is an option but I like the fact that with a MV, they all have kid safety seats. And I think it would just be fun. I appreciate the fact that you’re trying to suggest time and money saving tips though. I really just wanted to know if a MV from DS to MK is an option. I gather the answer is yes.

I guess technically yes, it is an option. But IMO this is still an abuse of the free Disney Springs parking facilities, which are really for Disney Springs visitors. To me it doesn't really matter if your intent is to avoid the fees or not. You are still parking there with the ultimate goal of visiting a theme park.

I guess only you can decide if your own personal convenience is worth doing the right thing or not and what kind of example this kind of entitlement sets for your children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter