• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie Mouse Maleified at Disney Paris?

Of course, ultimately it’s probably about money. As what was the younger generation become more wealthy and powerful, businesses have to change or be left behind. All the drama about “oh they are going too far, etc” is really beside the point. Sure, some buisness will go to far, others will just fail miserably to understand their audience. Some will be run by those that truly believe in the changes and others will be following the advice of committees and extensive product testing and polling. Ultimately, almost all of this is really about dollars and cents, obviously, so all the pearl clutching is just plain old fashion old fashion.

Why not keep her classic color scheme?
Artists rarely do what’s expected of them. We have done that a million times over. It’s by doing different things…experimentation. That’s where we discover our creative outlet.

Asking an artist to do what’s already been done is like asking a chef to make the same thing everyday. At some point we need something different. A new challenge. A new journey. That’s what keeps life interesting. It’s what we are drawn to do. To push the boundaries. To do things that haven’t been done before. It’s just a natural part of artistry…

Gosh. It’s 2022. Are we really crying over Minnie Mouse absolutely *slaying it* in a pants suit - to celebrate International Women’s Day - in a Disney Park that’s not even in the United States? If you need something else to complain/worry about, might I suggest any of the following - inflation, global warming, the homeless population, Disney Genie, social injustice, the fact that 7DMT is way overhyped, over crowded animal shelters, Bob Chapek. I have more suggestions, if needed - but let’s not get our feelings hurt over Minnie Mouse’s pants suit. I can’t believe this is even a conversation, or that people would have a problem with the outfit of a fictional cartoon character.

I have no problem with Minnie in pants. But I think pantsuits are ugly, This one included. Pants and a blazer with a colorful top would be cool. Like her classic red and white polka dots but as a top with bow collar instead of the dress? That would be better than this ugly thing.

Disney needs to keep up with the times. They need to go ahead and give Mickey a Murse. (For those who don't know, a Murse is a man purse.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter