Minnie ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would let him have his fun and get them. I see so many people dressed as different characters, wearing crazy Disney hats, and in eccentric Disney clothing etc. Disney is a place to let loose and be free. Nobody would bat an eye at a teen boy wearing Minnie ears IMO.

By Minnie Ears, do you mean it has to have a big bow on top and be sparkly or is he just wanting the ears that come on a headband? They have plenty that don't look girly if that's the issue. I saw they just came out with Space Mountain ones that I imagine lots of boys would wear. ers.jpg

I get where you're coming from. My best friend and I took my 7 year old niece last year and of course she was drawn to the rainbow minnie ears, which would've been fine if we were there with the whole family, but my friend and I didn't want to go around looking like her lesbian grandparents or something. lol We gently guided her to another set and she was fine with that.

I get where you're coming from. My best friend and I took my 7 year old niece last year and of course she was drawn to the rainbow minnie ears, which would've been fine if we were there with the whole family, but my friend and I didn't want to go around looking like her lesbian grandparents or something. lol We gently guided her to another set and she was fine with that.
yikes

By Minnie Ears, do you mean it has to have a big bow on top and be sparkly or is he just wanting the ears that come on a headband? They have plenty that don't look girly if that's the issue. I saw they just came out with Space Mountain ones that I imagine lots of boys would wear. View attachment 658626
He wants the 50th minnie ears, the ones with the yellow foam bow in the middle

I have an autistic teen son. I recommend gently guiding him toward what's socially appropriate. Unless he'd be just devastated, I would not let him wear MInnie Ears.
The ears wouldn't be an issue for us in this context but I do think your comment has been misconstrued somewhat. Having had much experience, yes, one is always trying to guide and “train” (at the risk of using another word that might seem harsh) a loved one who is not neuro-typical and not capable of recognizing social cues.
Tell your husband to lighten up and look around. There are plenty of grown men wearing Minnie ears.
Are there? On one hand we’re saying “do whatever you want, nobody is looking at you or cares”. 🤷‍♀️

Why the need to be nasty about people that feel differently than you? Everyone has a right to feel how they feel.
Yikes was straight to the point of your comment, it wasn't being nasty. If you feel it is nasty to say yikes perhaps you feel something about feeling that way towards a rainbow pattern that goes way beyond a comment on a discussion board

I do think your comment has been misconstrued somewhat.
I don't think it has been misconstrued at all. It was pretty loud and clear.

If it was about autism then gender would have zero to do with it, the phrase socially acceptable was just being said in a guise of teaching someone with cognitive issues things they have a harder time understanding but has nothing to really do with that.

If this was a female with cognitive disabilities would gender have even made it to the conversation? And at Disney we know minnie ears are socially acceptable.

I agree with your husband. You can talk him into a pair of Mickey Ears that are generic and tell him he can get something else Mini like a tee shirt with both of them on it. I work with special needs students and while they should be able to do what gives him happiness, what happens in a few years when he sees photos and asks why you let him do that?

Hmm - I bought rainbow ears for my cousins kid. I wonder if people thought my cousins and I were lesbians? Unfortunately, I am not cool enough to be a lesbian LOL - but it wouldn't bother me at all if people thought I was gay. I mean why would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter