Minkydog where are you??

I actually have her real name and address as I wanted to send her and Christian Christmas cards a while back. I'll send her a card signed from all of the DISBoards and let her know we are thinking of her.

Thank you so much! I tried emailing her, but it didn't go through.

Oh my goodness, y'all, you're making me cry! I got a note from Dizbelle today via snail-mail asking me to come back to the DIS. I am astonished to see a three-page thread with so many good wishes. Thank you so much for your prayers and healing energies. Even though I haven't been around in several months, believe me your prayers & pixie dust have been so appreciated.

Just to bring everyone up to speed here--I was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer last summer. I had a lumpectomy, then re-excision to get the rest of the tumor. Chemo finished up in late Dec 2015. They found 2 serious gene mutations which cause breast cancer (and other cancers), so I had to have a bilateral mastectomy in Feb 2016--thankfully, that all came back clean. Unfortunately, I had a LOT of complications after surgery, including 7 weeks with a wound vac. My wounds did not fully heal until 16 weeks post-op, but they are fine now. They look like hell, but at least I can move on from all that! I still need to have a full hysterectomy due to these blasted gene mutations and 3 close relatives who have had uterine cancer, but that will probably be sometime around Christmas--I have run out of sick leave and vacation time. But, other than some continuing anemia and a little neuropathy in both hands (prolly caused by the chemo), I'm doing pretty well.

But you knew the other shoe would have to drop, right? Yeah. When it rains, it pours...We found out a couple weeks ago that DH has aggressive prostate cancer. Gleason 8. After talking with 2 surgeons and 2 radiation oncologists, all have recommended surgery for him (I about fell off my chair when the ROs advised surgery! never heard a doctor recommend against his own specialty.) Anyway, he is scheduled for robotic prostate removal July 15. Thankfully, prostate cancer, even aggressive prostate cancer, is relatively slow moving as compared to lung cancer or breast cancer, so waiting a month isn't going to make things worse. Of course, we are both upset and DH is NOT a good candidate for surgery, but it has to be done. I figure if he could live through open heart surgery and mitral valve replacement, he should live through this. Fingers crossed.

I feel like I've had my head in a bucket for 6 months and I'm just now coming up for air. Thank you, Dizbelle, for reaching out to me! And thanks to you all for continuing to lift me and my family up in prayer! :disrocks:

Well bless your heart, Minkdog!

Here's hoping for calmer seas ahead for your family.

I look forward to your regular return to the DIS when things settle down. :grouphug:

Thank you for taking the time to give us this update. You have sure been through a lot! I hope your husband's surgery goes well without the complications you had!

Good to see you, Minky, we've been worried! :hug:

Sorry to hear about your husband, too. Always something!

I hope you've been a good patient! ;) :rotfl2:

{{hugs}} I am so glad you're OK! Crappy news about your DH, though.

Don't be a stranger.

Minky, so good to hear from you.

Best wishes to you for continued healing and to your husband for a speedy recovery.

Hope all is well with the family and Tiki.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I am so relieved to hear from you, Minkydog! :yay: I have been worried about you all spring- and quite honestly, when I saw DizBelle had posted that she was going to drop you a line, I was reading the rest of the thread with apprehension. You have no idea how happy I am to read your post! Not that any of it is particularly cheery, good news, and it's clear you've had more than enough on your plate this spring and don't need to be worrying about us here on the DISboards, but I am so, so incredibly relieved to see you posting here again! You are in my thoughts for strength and healing, as is your husband. Hope all your kids are well, and that you and your husband find strength, comfort, and healing over the coming months! :grouphug:

So happy to hear from you Minky!! Continued thoughts and prayers!:hug:

Nice to hear from you, minky. :hug:'s

Good to hear you are on the mend after so much. Good wishes now along with prayers for your husband to be on the mend soon also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter