Minimum Stay @ CR, New Years?

gtpoohbear

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the resorts have a minimum stay requirement for holidays - specifically New Years? When I put in the two nights I want at the Contemporary (Dec 30-Jan1) it says nothing is available (except for a couple of $1700/nt club rooms), but if I add one night to either end, suddenly everything is available. Not sure if it's a weird website glitch, or an actual policy. I hate calling because I'm always stuck on hold forever. (It might come to that, just wondering if anyone had any insight first)

We really wanted to do 2 nights at AKL, then 2 nights at Contemporary. It would let me book all 4 at CR, for about the same price, but DH really wants to go to AKL for a couple of nights too. And we wanted CR for New Years, for easy access to MK. (It's not giving me any problem with booking the 2 nights at AKL, just before NY.)

Could I book three nights then change it to two? I was thinking that they made changing reservation dates a little harder a while back, but I've been out of the loop for a while and can't remember how it works now.

That is the revenue maximizing algorithm doing it's job. There isn't a minimum night stay so to speak, but the system is trying to eliminate orphaned rooms that are unrentable for only one night.

Guest Services has the ability to override this. But it is at their discretion and requires a phone call.

That is the revenue maximizing algorithm doing it's job. There isn't a minimum night stay so to speak, but the system is trying to eliminate orphaned rooms that are unrentable for only one night.

Guest Services has the ability to override this. But it is at their discretion and requires a phone call.

Ok thanks. Sounds like it might be worth a call then. Or maybe a few calls until I get some pixie dust. Or, you know, we'll just HAVE to stay one more night, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter