Minimum Expenditure-Dessert Party

Sarah727

Earning My Ears
What is the minimum I can spend per head? Did anyone else do this? If so, will your menu?
Thanks!

I've wondering if it's possible to get a certain amount of desserts... i.e. $750 or $1000 worth of desserts, or if it always has to be on a per person basis. I feel like I always hear that there is such and over abundance of food at these things :confused3

Our party is at UK Lochside. There will be approximately 45 people. I am planning on having a hosted bar, too.

I've wondering if it's possible to get a certain amount of desserts... i.e. $750 or $1000 worth of desserts, or if it always has to be on a per person basis. I feel like I always hear that there is such and over abundance of food at these things :confused3

Well, there's a minimum amount you have to spend on food and beverages, and you can either think of it in terms of cost per person or total cost—doesn't matter. In Sarah727's case, it's $460, so, technically, with 45 people she only has to spend about $11/person on food AND drinks. Considering Disney's prices, though, that would be extremely difficult, especially when you want to offer alcohol.

Well, there's a minimum amount you have to spend on food and beverages, and you can either think of it in terms of cost per person or total costdoesn't matter. In Sarah727's case, it's $460, so, technically, with 45 people she only has to spend about $11/person on food AND drinks. Considering Disney's prices, though, that would be extremely difficult, especially when you want to offer alcohol.

Thank you for your response! Ok-So my total food and beverage minimum for that event is $460-So I could potentially just offer a few treats and the hosted bar and easily hit that. I know that most of the menus show @$30 per person. I understand those are just examples, but didnt know if there was, like a $27 minimum per person at the dessert party.
I hope I am making sense?? We are having brunch earlier in the day at LSS--so I know we will hit our overall minimum, but was hoping I could pare down quite a bit at this--just dont think my guests are going to need tons of choices (they will probably just want the free wine ;) )
Also, anyone ever done popcorn at the dessert party? thought that could be fun?

oooo I'm interested in this as well! I thought there was a per person min. at dessert parties- does anyone know for sure if there isn't?
and popcorn sounds like a great idea! I wonder if that's available.

Thank you for your response! Ok-So my total food and beverage minimum for that event is $460-So I could potentially just offer a few treats and the hosted bar and easily hit that. I know that most of the menus show @$30 per person. I understand those are just examples, but didnt know if there was, like a $27 minimum per person at the dessert party.
I hope I am making sense?? We are having brunch earlier in the day at LSS--so I know we will hit our overall minimum, but was hoping I could pare down quite a bit at this--just dont think my guests are going to need tons of choices (they will probably just want the free wine ;) )
Also, anyone ever done popcorn at the dessert party? thought that could be fun?

Yes, I remember one bride had three or four different flavors of popcorn planned for her party, but I believe she ended up cutting all but one cuz it was something crazy like $16/person.

oooo I'm interested in this as well! I thought there was a per person min. at dessert parties- does anyone know for sure if there isn't?

Well, it just depends on how you look at it. There is a $23/person food and beverage minimum at all locations, but it's multiplied by the minimum number of people allowed at that location to give you the total food and beverage minimum. So UK Lower has a $460 food and beverage minimum because its guest minimum is 20: $23 x 20 people = $460. But if 5 of your guests dropped out, you'd still have to meet a $460 minimum—they wouldn't lower it to $23 x 15 people.

Does that make sense?

Yes, I remember one bride had three or four different flavors of popcorn planned for her party, but I believe she ended up cutting all but one cuz it was something crazy like $16/person.

Well, it just depends on how you look at it. There is a $23/person food and beverage minimum at all locations, but it's multiplied by the minimum number of people allowed at that location to give you the total food and beverage minimum. So UK Lower has a $460 food and beverage minimum because its guest minimum is 20: $23 x 20 people = $460. But if 5 of your guests dropped out, you'd still have to meet a $460 minimum—they wouldn't lower it to $23 x 15 people.

Does that make sense?

Ahh-I feel like I am taking the SATs! Hehe. I see what you are saying...I think;)
If anywhere was going to charge $16 a head for popcorn-it would be Disney. Gotta love it! Thanks for the help! I go down in early Dec. for my planning session, so will post my final dessert menu when we are all settled with the pricing.

that does make sense - but what if you have more then the min guest count? so for your example if a places food and bev min is 460 for the minimum guest count of 20- making it 23 per person, but what if you have 30 there? does it still need to be 23 per person?
does that make sense?

No, you only have to meet that set minimum of $460. However, considering Disney's food prices, you will probably find it difficult to feed, say, 50 people for just $460. With 30 people, maaaaaaybe.

thank you as always Carrie! I am having a dessert party at sago cay where the venue min food and beverage fee is 1,250. I have been looking at menus and our families aren't big dessert people and I was trying to think of how to get $30 something dollars worth of food per person when most of the things we don't eat from the menus!
here's a question- does anyone know if it's possible to just have one or two dessert options and then with a bar (making sure to reach the minimums with the beverages)? or even maybe do the wedding cake then and have a bar?
just thinking out loud about options :)
Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter