Mini-van rental Help

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
There will be 6 of us to get from Raleigh, N.C. to Orlando the end of May. I have checked airfare and it would run around $112.00 pp for direct flights, not too bad. None of us have a vehicle that will handle 6 people and luggage to make the dirve down. So we have checked into renting a mini-van from Raleigh to Orlando and back. I am coming up with a quote from National of $399.87 for the week. This is using the DC contract code.

Does anyone know of any coupons that work for mini-vans or any other contract price that may do better. Lately I have found Disney Club to be about the best discount. I have not booked a rental since last April and feel a little rusty at this. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

National has been atrociously high, even with the Disney Club discount. If you can, book Dollar. I got them for $209 + taxes when National was quoting my over $400 with DC discount.

Went to the dollar site, and a mini-van came up at $449 for the week. I do not have any contracts or coupons with Dollar, so that might make the difference. Not sure.

We are a family of 4 and fly out of Minneapolis. In the past I have done the math - driving versus flying. When I take into consideration extra days vacation for driving, hotel nights on the road, extra eating out for the extra days on the road, and wear and tear on our van (or cost of a rental vehicle), and our time, it's just not worth it to drive. Just my .02! How long would it take you to drive and what are your dates?

Our drive is only about 9 hours, so we don't incur the added expense of hotel, etc. that you do. We usually take stuff to eat in the car and only have to stop for gas once before getting to WDW. We are leaving May 26 and return date depends on flying or drive, could be June 1 or 2.

If my calculations are correct it would cost you about $672. for airline tickets. The rental van would cost probably around $500. after taxes and fees. IMHO, it would be worth the extra $175. to fly.

Go back to the Dollar site and type in FVG in the promotional code area......may be as low as $219 for a week....otherwise use KISS....$249 for a week.

Originally posted by klynn
If my calculations are correct it would cost you about $672. for airline tickets. The rental van would cost probably around $500. after taxes and fees. IMHO, it would be worth the extra $175. to fly.

The savings won't be as much, if they need a rental car in Orlando....

Try the mousesavers.com site. There are lots of codes for Dollars posted there that might bring your cost down. Go to ground transportation under the WDW section to find the codes for several companies.

Also, I used the DC discount and a coupon on the Disney Club site for a free weekend day to book a minivan in Knoxville, TN from National for 285.83 including all taxes for the 1st week of June. Try adding the coupon & see if that will help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter