Mini golf questions

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
my dd always asks to do mini golf and now that she doesn't just knock the ball around aimlessly, I figure it's time to give it a shot ...
Does anyone with experience have a preference or review of the two places?
And do we need an sort of advanced reservation, or do we just show up ... And are there times that are better than others to avoid a crowd? We'll be going over Easter week - maybe even on Easter...
Last question - price? Is it included in WPFM or the premium AP?

I think Winter Summerland is much more fun, but you can check out pictures and videos to see which appeals more to you.

You do not make reservations.

It is included with wp&m, but t is limited to 1 visit per day before 4:00 pm.

Thanks. I bet winter summer land would be a blast in August ... But we're still buried in snow here .. Maybe by April the sight of snow won't make me cry ....

Thanks. I bet winter summer land would be a blast in August ... But we're still buried in snow here .. Maybe by April the sight of snow won't make me cry ....
I feel your pain ---- we live in R.I. And have had so much snow this year. My vote goes to Fantasia mini golf . DH and I love all the little " magic moments" after your ball goes in each hole. Mini golf is a great fun thing to do. Winter land/Summerland was fun , but , we really like Fantasia more. Whichever you choose , I'm sure you'll have fun!

Fantasia has a much more overt Disney theme, but getting there is less than magical. Winter/Summer is a great mini golf experience, and it's on the same property as Blizzard Beach, so it could be tagged onto a water park day. It doesn't feel quite as Disney-like, however.

My youngest prefers Fantasia Gardens. I like the Summer side of Winter Summerland. We have had fun at all of them.

We usually fly and take ME, getting to Fantasia without a car is a multi step process.

Like PP stated, mini golf is an option for WPF&M before 4 pm.
Premium AP does NOT include mini golf.
Regular cost is $14.91 (10+)/$12.78 (3-9).

We did the Fantasia one last year. We were staying at BWI so we walked over. I have to say I was a little disappointed. The course itself seemed crazy hard. My 5 year old got pretty bummed about how poorly he was doing, but we needed an afternoon activity while the twins were napping. It was also extremely hot in the sun (this was May) with very little shade on the course.

He still had fun and a CM gave him a golf ball with Sorcerer Mickey on it. She said there weren't many of them made and it was a collector item. Not sure if that was true but it made him feel super special.

Premium AP get s a discount on mini golf (15%) (was 50% off up until last month:()
my son who is 7 loves all of the courses, but fantasia gardens is his favorite.
I would go first thing in the morning Easter week to avoid crowds, I believe they open at 10am.
We go every year on Christmas Day, we get there right when they open, by the time we leave (around 11:00) there is a HUGE line.
We tried to go on my son's birthday last year in March, it was spring break crowds, we arrived around 2:00 and there was a 2 hour wait.
Have fun! They are all great courses!

We only did the winter course and it was pretty fun. Did it in December when we still got 50% off as AP's. We went around 8pm or so and it was pretty empty. Only our group and one other on the winter course.

Would like to check out the Fantasia course sometime. It just looked pretty boring when we drove by so we chose the winter Summerland option. And living in Florida definitely didn't want to do the Summerland course lol

I feel your pain ---- we live in R.I. And have had so much snow this year. My vote goes to Fantasia mini golf . DH and I love all the little " magic moments" after your ball goes in each hole. Mini golf is a great fun thing to do. Winter land/Summerland was fun , but , we really like Fantasia more. Whichever you choose , I'm sure you'll have fun!

I had to laugh at your comments, as I live in RI as well and we'll be going to WDW in June and I've already told the kids no Blizzard Beach or Winter/Summerland!! Don't even want to look at the fake stuff!

How do you get to Fantasia without a car? We are staying at the Boardwalk.

we are also going to try Fantasia mini golf this april, didnt realize we could walk there from BW!

Is the golf usually crowded in the afternoons? We were thinking of winter Summerland on our arrival day, a Thursday right before Memorial day, but I don't really want to wait hours!

I've only done the Fantasia Gardens one, years ago....I believe the Winter Summerland one is more traditional and has tiny walls to keep the ball from going off.

Fantasia, I believe is a miniature version of LBV golf course, just scaled down....And from what I remember, it didn't have walls, so the ball can actually go off course....I remember some of the holes being kinda long too ( like a par 5 ) on real course... I might actually try it again this upcoming trip.....If I am wrong I'm sure others will correct me.

Just to clarify, - Fantasia has two distinctly different courses. The Gardens is a more traditional mini-golf experience elaborately themed to the movie Fantasia. There are fountains, animated statues, water features and sound effects that make it a lot of fun, and it isn't hard, although it is a bit more involved than your neighborhood putt-putt mini-golf because of the special features. A lot of families with kids play the Gardens course and have a great time. The other course at Fantasia is the Fairways, and it is definitely not like any mini-golf course you've ever seen. It is a scaled down traditional golf course, with astro-turf fairways ranging from 65 to 100 feet long, including hazards and "sand traps" (which are beige colored astro-turf depressions along the hole) It is definitely challenging and and can be very frustrating for someone who thinks it is going to be like regular mini-golf. It can be fun if you accept that it requires a little more skill and coordination, probably more than most young children have.

Our family did Fantasia Gardens and loved it! Our kids were 10, 5 and 5 at the time. It was themed greatly around the Fantasia movie with lots of "magic" effects at the holes. We were visiting during presidents week and came after supper around 7:30 I think. I remember seeing/hearing the Fantasmic fireworks and music going off while we were there. It was a great slow paced way to spend an evening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter