Mine Train Question

bbluvsdis

luv all things Disney!!
Is anyone on here who gets motion sick ever ridden SDMT? I have to pick FP+ tonight and will be getting one for DH but I'm not sure about myself. I get motion sick pretty easily and just don't know about this one. My main concern is the rocking motion. Does it move side to side alot?

Is anyone on here who gets motion sick ever ridden SDMT? I have to pick FP+ tonight and will be getting one for DH but I'm not sure about myself. I get motion sick pretty easily and just don't know about this one. My main concern is the rocking motion. Does it move side to side alot?

We have not ridden it yet (30 days from today!) but I've heard the rocking motion is very very minor. I've also heard it's incredibly smooth. My DH gets motion sick and we are riding it- saw the YouTube and it looks like a straightforward mini-coaster. If you don't get this FP+ at your 60 day window, it may be a challenge to get later. For example, we are 30 days out- I can get BTMRR, Space, Splash, PP, but there are no 7DMT times available. My advice would be to book it :)

I get motion sick too...we ride this in July at rope drop, and I can homestly tell you I didn't get the least bit of any sickness...the ride is over before you know it and the swinging is nit that noticeable....we then rode it an hour later since we had FP's...it is a great ride but too short...I would def get a fp!

I get motion sickness, if I didn't know it was supposed to be rocking, I wouldn't' have noticed it at all. It's SUPER minor. Plus you get the nice break in the middle. I didn't get sick at all.

I think you'll be fine. We went the week it opened and it was a very smooth ride. It does slow down for a bit in the middle so you can see the mine itself. ( I don't want to spoil anything)

It was smooth. For comparison, I can't ride space mtn at all, and get motion ill somewhat on star tours most times I ride it. (DS loves it, that's the only reason I go on either.) I even feel a bit motion sick on TT.

It was a lot like barnstormer but must smoother. Like it had really good shock absorbers.

The only thing that got me was when you wait by the cottage for the carts in front of you to unload (similar to btmrr) you are in the sun, hot as heck this week, and the lap bar gets kind of tight. But maybe that's claustrophobia and not motion illness...

I rode this twice last week, I get motion sickness on EVERYTHING, no this ride is super smooth and I never even noticed the rocking.

Good luck and have fun!

I am easily motion sick, and this ride did not bother me at all. It's very smooth and over very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter