• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Milk/Cream in your scrambled eggs?

Former chef here :) I've just made scrambled eggs, its my usual Saturday lunch.

2 eggs
splash of milk
bit of paprika
1/4 tomato diced
some raw spinach leaves, torn up

I make it in the microwave, cook for 1 minute, then stir, then cook for 30 seconds, then stir, then cook for 15 seconds and stir. Always light and fluffy.
How about...

2 eggs
splash of heavy cream
chopped asparagus
diced onions
raw spinach

saute onions and asparagus in butter
toss in eggs
toss in spinach

plate it, add freshly ground pepper and a splash of Cholula

Well, damn. I'm gonna go make that right now.

Nope. Just scrambled with salt and pepper and cooked in a bit of butter. Weekdays, they're done in a couple minutes. On weekends I run the heat super low and stir stir stir for the custardy type eggs.

I don't add anything. In fact, I just spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray and crack the eggs right into it. Then I smush them around with the spatula while they cook. That's my way of scrambling eggs. It's non-traditional but it works for me!

Former chef here :) I've just made scrambled eggs, its my usual Saturday lunch.

2 eggs
splash of milk
bit of paprika
1/4 tomato diced
some raw spinach leaves, torn up

I make it in the microwave, cook for 1 minute, then stir, then cook for 30 seconds, then stir, then cook for 15 seconds and stir. Always light and fluffy.

I serve it on Irish brown wholemeal bread, spread with salted Kerrygold butter.

I don't use tomato but I do use this same recipe adding in some feta cheese.

Sometimes I add a scoop of cottage cheese, makes them so fluffy! Go ahead, try it!
YES! We love our eggs with cottage cheese mixed in, so good. I was making sous vide egg cups in the instant pot and the recipe called for a cottage cheese, I started adding the cottage cheese to our scrambled eggs after that because they are so good. Most people look at me funny when I tell them to try it.

Sometimes I add a scoop of cottage cheese, makes them so fluffy! Go ahead, try it!
Yes! I ran out of milk and tried cottage cheese, they were really good. Use what I have.
I have also tried sour cream or cream cheese at room temp, all with good taste.
I like fluffy eggs, straight eggs are too bland and flat. IMHO.
Whisk all together and cook on low to medium heat is how I do it. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter