Milk allergy ?

FeatureFoil

Earning My Ears
When we traveled to Disney 2 years ago I emailed the special diets and they sent me a PDF with all the restaurants/carts allergen chart and I could plan where we would eat each day.

I emailed them last week for the upcoming trip and they said they no longer offer this. How am I supposed to know where my kid can get a hot dog or chicken nuggets? If we are in Comic Rays and should have eaten at Peco Bills it could get old fast. Any suggestions?

Also, do they still sell the multi colored popsicle?

Thank you!!

When we traveled to Disney 2 years ago I emailed the special diets and they sent me a PDF with all the restaurants/carts allergen chart and I could plan where we would eat each day.

I emailed them last week for the upcoming trip and they said they no longer offer this. How am I supposed to know where my kid can get a hot dog or chicken nuggets? If we are in Comic Rays and should have eaten at Peco Bills it could get old fast. Any suggestions?

Also, do they still sell the multi colored popsicle?

Thank you!!

When you arrive at the location you are supposed to ask for a manager/supervisor. Basically you tell the cashier you have allergies and they will call someone. They will review the binder with you and help point out what is "safe".

Even though they don't hand out that sheet anymore, a lot of the locations have the same or similar offerings (I think most of the ones that have the allergy friendly chicken tenders are still the same). I tend to use the sheets as a reference guide still and then ask when I get there.

They might have different Popsicle since the last time you were there. The itzakadoozie popsicles have been replaced with the Nestle Triple Blast Bar, which is pretty similar and very good. Though they do process them in a plant that processes dairy, so possible cross contamination could occur.

Hope that helps some!

I understand this, it was just helpful to know what the milk free options are. Otherwise we may land at a QS rest that offers burgers as the milk free option and I have a kid who doesn't eat hamburgers, know what I mean?

It was just so much easier the other way.

Even though they don't hand out that sheet anymore, a lot of the locations have the same or similar offerings (I think most of the ones that have the allergy friendly chicken tenders are still the same). I tend to use the sheets as a reference guide still and then ask when I get there.

They might have different Popsicle since the last time you were there. The itzakadoozie popsicles have been replaced with the Nestle Triple Blast Bar, which is pretty similar and very good. Though they do process them in a plant that processes dairy, so possible cross contamination could occur.

Hope that helps some!

Thank you! That does help.... only wished I had saved the sheet. Do you know where the allergy nuggets are?

So sad about the itzakadoozie... will look in to the triple blast.

Thank you! That does help.... only wished I had saved the sheet. Do you know where the allergy nuggets are?

So sad about the itzakadoozie... will look in to the triple blast.

I have the sheets on my blog if you're interested or you can PM me and I can send the last ones I received to you!

Would you mind posting a link to your blog if that allowed? I'm new here and can't PM yet. My youngest DD has a milk allergy and this would help so much! Thanks!

Would you mind posting a link to your blog if that allowed? I'm new here and can't PM yet. My youngest DD has a milk allergy and this would help so much! Thanks!

@FeatureFoil Thanks! I'm glad it has helped you. I've been writing it for over 3 years now. :)

@Chloeavasmommy The link is actually in my signature where it says "Check out my blog" Hope that helps! :)

Is the 2010 reference guide the last published one?

To my knowledge, yes. But, I also didn't request anything after early 2011. A lot of the stuff I have is also dated 2009, so they might not have updated things since then either.

I would guess someone else has some more recent info! :thumbsup2

Around a month before my August trip I requested an updated list. Special Diets no longer provides one. Somewhere on this board is a thread about current products where people have been posting foods that they've seen in the parks. That's the best you're going to find. Disney will no longer provide lists.

Here's my summary of what entrees from among those that my kids will eat and are safe for them (milk is one of their many allergies) can be found in what CS locations.

MK: Cosmic Ray's (burgers, rotisserie chicken, ribs), Columbia Harbour House (allergy chicken tenders), Lunching Pad (turkey leg), snack bar by CHH (baked potato, sweet potato, fruit)
EP: Sunshine Seasons (sooooo many options but favourites are seared tuna and rotisserie chicken), American Pavillion (turkey leg, steak, allergy chicken tenders, burgers), Mexico (tacos)
DHS: most CS locations have the allergy chicken tenders, Pizza Planet (pizza)
AK: Flame Tree BBQ (chicken & ribs)

I just carry the lactose chewable a anymore. I am at Disney, and want to eat where and what I want. I even had pineapple floats for the first time and Micky ice cream, neither one of us had any problems, with the gas, pain, gurgles or hit the bathroom.

Didn't go crazy eating everything, but when I had a concern and did not want to ruin park time I chewed away the enzyme pills to offset.

I never had a dole whip, or pineapple float before, I was so excited. Also, for breakfast, having eggs, a Mickey waffle, even a hot dog at Casey's without fear.
Just a thought,

I just carry the lactose chewable a anymore. I am at Disney, and want to eat where and what I want. I even had pineapple floats for the first time and Micky ice cream, neither one of us had any problems, with the gas, pain, gurgles or hit the bathroom.

Didn't go crazy eating everything, but when I had a concern and did not want to ruin park time I chewed away the enzyme pills to offset.

I never had a dole whip, or pineapple float before, I was so excited. Also, for breakfast, having eggs, a Mickey waffle, even a hot dog at Casey's without fear.
Just a thought,

That works for people who are lactose intollerant as you apparently are, but it doesn't work for those of us who are allergic/intollerant to casein which is the main protein found in milk. Most on this board who are saying that we're allergic to milk can't have casein.

FYI: Dole Whips are lactose free. You don't need lactaid pills to have them.

That works for people who are lactose intollerant as you apparently are, but it doesn't work for those of us who are allergic/intollerant to casein which is the main protein found in milk. Most on this board who are saying that we're allergic to milk can't have casein.

FYI: Dole Whips are lactose free. You don't need lactaid pills to have them.

THIS! If I give my son anything with milk or casein he vomits, breaks out in hives, and depending on the amount consumed has gone in to anaphylaxsis.

The last reference sheets I have are from May and June 2011. Of course all of the brands have changed by now, but maybe they can help as a reference? You can PM me if you'd like me to send them to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter