Military Tickets Question

Melanie230

DIS Veteran
Our daughter and son in law want to buy my husband and I the 2022 military salute ticket as a Christmas gift (we just moved to Orlando). They live in TN but they will be here for Christmas. I know they have to go with us the first time to activate the ticket since my husband and I are not military. My question is… Do they have to be with us every time after that for the ticket to work? I don’t want them spending that amount of money if we can’t use them. Thanks for any info!

They just have to be with you to activate the tickets. They do this by the military person or spouse showing their ID at the guest service window and giving the information needed to activate the ticker. My husband usually does it for my son and his family.

They just have to be with you to activate the tickets. They do this by the military person or spouse showing their ID at the guest service window and giving the information needed to activate the ticker. My husband usually does it for my son and his family.

So just the first use they need to be with us to activate then after that we do not need them present correct?

Does the military member need to also have a military park ticket in order to do this? My nephew will have a regular Disney Park Hopper because it worked out to be cheaper for him due to his length of stay. I'm only going to be going to parks 4 days, so can he buy me a 4 day military ticket at his base, then activate my ticket with his Navy ID when we get there, without him also having a military ticket? Sorry if this is confusing!

Does the military member need to also have a military park ticket in order to do this? My nephew will have a regular Disney Park Hopper because it worked out to be cheaper for him due to his length of stay. I'm only going to be going to parks 4 days, so can he buy me a 4 day military ticket at his base, then activate my ticket with his Navy ID when we get there, without him also having a military ticket? Sorry if this is confusing!
You will be fine doing this. The military member can have whatever ticket they want. Of the 6 tickets the military member is allowed to buy, one is supposed to be for themselves. But they can just buy a total of 5 if they are not buying one.

You will be fine doing this. The military member can have whatever ticket they want. Of the 6 tickets the military member is allowed to buy, one is supposed to be for themselves. But they can just buy a total of 5 if they are not buying one.

Thank you so much!!

I thought the Salute tickets come activated? Is that only if you buy them through Shades of Green?

Bringing up an old thread since I have been searching for this topic. I think I have this correct, but before we purchase the tickets I want to ensure.

5 people in our group. Grandfather is SM.
3 are going from Friday to Friday
2 including SM are only going Mon to Friday

I was looking at the 4 day Miltary Salute Hopper tix. If I undstand correctly, if purchased via SOG these will come aciviated and can be added to MDE and assign guests to them.

What I'm confused about is when does the SM need to be present?
At every park entry from Monday on (when he will be there)
Or can we start to use before he gets there.

If the latter, then it may make more sense for him to purchase for his needs only and we (the other 3) that will be arriving early just purchase regular tix. WHich is ok to.

Bringing up an old thread since I have been searching for this topic. I think I have this correct, but before we purchase the tickets I want to ensure.

5 people in our group. Grandfather is SM.
3 are going from Friday to Friday
2 including SM are only going Mon to Friday

I was looking at the 4 day Miltary Salute Hopper tix. If I undstand correctly, if purchased via SOG these will come aciviated and can be added to MDE and assign guests to them.

What I'm confused about is when does the SM need to be present?
At every park entry from Monday on (when he will be there)
Or can we start to use before he gets there.

If the latter, then it may make more sense for him to purchase for his needs only and we (the other 3) that will be arriving early just purchase regular tix. WHich is ok to.
If you buy through Shades of Green, you submit the request form to them (on their website) by email. I received an electronic response that they received my request right away. They contact you (they called me around 2 weeks later - but I read that some people get called sooner) where they will confirm your service member's information, credit card info and mailing address. They send the activated passes by fedex (usually) a few business days later. Add the numbers from the back of the passes to each MDE and you are set. Only need SM presence when passes are not already activated like when you get vouchers from IT on base that need to be activated at WDW.

Thank you - that is the info I needed, does the SM need to be there on the first day or any day of our use.

We sent in the form around 3pm today and received a call within an hour confirming everything and taking payment. We order the tix with the Genie + not even realizing today was the last day they were selling those, so they quickly processed it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter