Military Salute Tickets

NHBelle

DIS Veteran
I just want to confirm that we can buy the military salute tickets at guest services in Disneyland when we get there? And does anyone know if we have to pay tax and can we add the max pass and photo pass? Also, if we can't buy them at guest services can we order them online or by phone. My daughter's fiance is in the guards and he says they don't sell the tickets at his base. Thanks :)

Yes, you can buy them at the ticket booth. Their "rule" is that you need to live more than 50 miles from a base with MWR/ITT, but I've only had someone fuss about that once (he thought it was a base within 50 miles of Disneyland, so he tried telling me I had to go to whatever base; I asked for a lead, and they explained the rule correctly).

It doesn't include MaxPass, but you can add MaxPass every morning (takes less than a minute). PhotoPass comes with MaxPass, though they also have a discounted PhotoPass if you have zero use for MaxPass and will be there for more than 4 days (breaking point in cost).

California does not charge tax on Disneyland tickets.

Remember there is a 6 ticket limit, and the qualifying service member/spouse must be present for the first use. And they *must* have their military ID to prove eligibility.

Oh, and as I always want to remind people, double check any ID expiration dates! Mine was expired by 2 weeks. That was an expensive lesson!

Yes, you can buy them at the ticket booth. Their "rule" is that you need to live more than 50 miles from a base with MWR/ITT, but I've only had someone fuss about that once (he thought it was a base within 50 miles of Disneyland, so he tried telling me I had to go to whatever base; I asked for a lead, and they explained the rule correctly).

It doesn't include MaxPass, but you can add MaxPass every morning (takes less than a minute). PhotoPass comes with MaxPass, though they also have a discounted PhotoPass if you have zero use for MaxPass and will be there for more than 4 days (breaking point in cost).

California does not charge tax on Disneyland tickets.

Remember there is a 6 ticket limit, and the qualifying service member/spouse must be present for the first use. And they *must* have their military ID to prove eligibility.

Oh, and as I always want to remind people, double check any ID expiration dates! Mine was expired by 2 weeks. That was an expensive lesson!

Any idea if it’ll be a problem to buy 2 later this week and 2 later this year? Or should I buy all 4 this week?

I’m taking one kid this week and another in September. So 2 of the tickets will be for me. I’m spouse with an active ID.

Never done Salute at Disneyland and I don’t live within 50 miles of a base with MWR.

Another Military Salute ticket question: I already have tickets but can I add them to the Disneyland app while at home? Or should it be done after scanning to enter the park? I've used the tickets many times at WDW but DL is new to me. Thanks!

Any idea if it’ll be a problem to buy 2 later this week and 2 later this year? Or should I buy all 4 this week?

I’m taking one kid this week and another in September. So 2 of the tickets will be for me. I’m spouse with an active ID.

Never done Salute at Disneyland and I don’t live within 50 miles of a base with MWR.

Not a problem at all. I buy the tickets sporadically throughout the year as people come to visit. I never buy them all at once.

And what is this talk about needing to live more than 50 miles from a base ITT office to buy at the park? I buy these tickets ALL the time from the Disneyland ticket booths, for years now. They don't look at your address or anything, just your military ID and then they ask where the active duty person is stationed. For us, that is Camp Pendleton. CP is more than 50 miles from Disneyland but we live only about 40 miles away.

Another Military Salute ticket question: I already have tickets but can I add them to the Disneyland app while at home? Or should it be done after scanning to enter the park? I've used the tickets many times at WDW but DL is new to me. Thanks!

There isn't really much benefit to scanning them in before you get there. You might save a minute or so. Do you have actual tickets? The little cards with the barcode on the back? If you do scan them in, make sure you sign them and make sure that same person who signs it uses it because they will take a photo when you enter and the tickets have to match up after that.

There isn't really much benefit to scanning them in before you get there. You might save a minute or so. Do you have actual tickets? The little cards with the barcode on the back? If you do scan them in, make sure you sign them and make sure that same person who signs it uses it because they will take a photo when you enter and the tickets have to match up after that.

I have the paper ticket. I need to exchange it for the card at DL turnstile. Haven't been to DL in around 5yrs. Lots of new things. Thanks for the info!

No problem to buy some now and some later. We do this every year (I go solo, and then Hubs and I take a kid/grandkid, and we buy at the window each time). Just make sure you have the right spouse ID :)

Not a problem at all. I buy the tickets sporadically throughout the year as people come to visit. I never buy them all at once.

And what is this talk about needing to live more than 50 miles from a base ITT office to buy at the park? I buy these tickets ALL the time from the Disneyland ticket booths, for years now. They don't look at your address or anything, just your military ID and then they ask where the active duty person is stationed. For us, that is Camp Pendleton. CP is more than 50 miles from Disneyland but we live only about 40 miles away.

I've been asked about being within 50 miles of a base a few times when buying Salutes at the ticket windows. Maybe it's an active vs retired thing? I know one CM was confused (he thought that we were supposed to go to a base within 50 miles of Disneyland to buy the Salutes). But, he's not the only one that has asked. We just point out that we're retired, our base is 69 miles away, and there's not a MWR there.

It seems to be hit-or-miss on if they question us on the 50 miles, but it has happened multiple times now.

I've been asked about being within 50 miles of a base a few times when buying Salutes at the ticket windows. Maybe it's an active vs retired thing? I know one CM was confused (he thought that we were supposed to go to a base within 50 miles of Disneyland to buy the Salutes). But, he's not the only one that has asked. We just point out that we're retired, our base is 69 miles away, and there's not a MWR there.

It seems to be hit-or-miss on if they question us on the 50 miles, but it has happened multiple times now.

Interesting. We live much closer to Disneyland than any base nearby that sells the tickets, so having to go to one of them would be a huge inconvenience. We are active duty but have never lived on or even near a base.

No problem to buy some now and some later. We do this every year (I go solo, and then Hubs and I take a kid/grandkid, and we buy at the window each time). Just make sure you have the right spouse ID :)

Now I’m wondering if it’s possible I have the wrong spouse ID
I have whatever DEERS gave me

Thank you!

My husband is 100% so the question of where he is stationed confused me when I ordered from Shades of Green for WDW.
They told me it would be his last base which would be Camp Pendleton.

About 2500 miles from home

https://www.militarydisneytips.com/Disney-World-Military-Discount-ID-Guide.html

About half way down the page shows the pictures of the accepted IDs. Since you are a spouse, make sure your ID isn't expired :) It was a nearly $200 mistake not checking for an expiration date on my ID, so I remind people like 28852109642 times to check, hahaha!
Thanks! I’m good on that. I keep track of it because I use it to fly. My drivers license isn’t REAL ID compliant so military ID it is!

After waiting 45 minutes to buy tickets this morning, I went ahead and bought all 4 so I wouldn’t have to mess with it next trip. They didn’t ask anything about location or a base but did question why I was buying 2 for myself today.

Thanks! I’m good on that. I keep track of it because I use it to fly. My drivers license isn’t REAL ID compliant so military ID it is!

After waiting 45 minutes to buy tickets this morning, I went ahead and bought all 4 so I wouldn’t have to mess with it next trip. They didn’t ask anything about location or a base but did question why I was buying 2 for myself today.
Humorously, I got through TSA without a problem (twice!) with my spouse ID being expired. Disneyland, though? Oh heck no, lol!

Glad you got your tickets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter