military salute tickets...

margot31

DIS Veteran
So I have used these tickets before....and activated tickets.

How many have used these tickets and not the whole party with them. I will have all magic bands, activation cards and at least 2 in the 3 tickets that will be activated. One will be coming down in a later car. Last time I did this they did not ask to see or anything with the 2 I was activating. Mother in law and son. They were in the building in case but they did not go to the counter with me...I was at Disney Springs.

I know I can call SOG and get already activated tickets. But I am thinking I want to be a little cheap here (hahaha disney cheap) and get tickets at our ITT so i don't have to pay shipping.

So I have used these tickets before....and activated tickets.

How many have used these tickets and not the whole party with them. I will have all magic bands, activation cards and at least 2 in the 3 tickets that will be activated. One will be coming down in a later car. Last time I did this they did not ask to see or anything with the 2 I was activating. Mother in law and son. They were in the building in case but they did not go to the counter with me...I was at Disney Springs.

I know I can call SOG and get already activated tickets. But I am thinking I want to be a little cheap here (hahaha disney cheap) and get tickets at our ITT so i don't have to pay shipping.

I don't have a hard and fast answer for you, but technically everyone is supposed to be present. Your past experiences show they don't always adhere to this. So, they may or may not allow you to activate all the tickets without everyone there. Even if someone comes along and says they did it today, that doesn't mean you'll be able to do it tomorrow.

Worse case is you will have to stop and activate the late comers once they arrive. Make sure you have time in the plan to do that in case it is needed.

In the last four years, 3 out of 4 visits, we all had to be present when our military tickets were activated. We are going again in about a month, we will see how it goes.
I have never ordered them from SOG. We just get them at our local base. We may start getting them from SOG because its just easier to not have to go through everything at guest services.

I was just there a few weeks ago and activated tickets at guest services. I had a party of 5. I was the only one who needed to be at the window when activating (I was the military ID holder). The rest of my party was about 50 feet away.

I was just there a few weeks ago and activated tickets at guest services. I had a party of 5. I was the only one who needed to be at the window when activating (I was the military ID holder). The rest of my party was about 50 feet away.

That was my last experience too. So i thought I could do all 3 when I arrive vs making another trip granted my husband has to activate his AP ticket so that 3rd person could go with him.

That was my last experience too. So i thought I could do all 3 when I arrive vs making another trip granted my husband has to activate his AP ticket so that 3rd person could go with him.

I certainly think it's worth a shot. Honestly, in all the times I've activated I don't recall my party having to one-by-one present themselves at the window. It was me they were concerned with.

The official policy is that every member of the party needs to be present to activate military tickets. Whether any given cast member follows that policy is going to depend on them.

Feel free to ask, but please don’t get upset if you get a cast member who follows the rules.

The official policy is that every member of the party needs to be present to activate military tickets. Whether any given cast member follows that policy is going to depend on them.

Feel free to ask, but please don’t get upset if you get a cast member who follows the rules.

Can you tell me how it works with activating Armed Forces Salute tickets at Guest Relations? What kind of information do they need? Do they take down our social and what list are they running names against? Do they have access to the DOD’s registry?

Can you tell me how it works with activating Armed Forces Salute tickets at Guest Relations? What kind of information do they need? Do they take down our social and what list are they running names against? Do they have access to the DOD’s registry?

A CAC should be enough. I doubt they have access to any DoD databases.

The military member MUST present their military ID. Other members don't present anything, but in the past, they did take down their names. There's no reason for them to run your social or anything else against any list. The military ID is what they want to see.

We went down with my son and his girlfriend and activated their tickets, but DH came in a couple of days after us, we were not able to activate his ticket without him there. Had to go back when he got in to get his activated so it varies.

Was just there 2 weeks ago and activated the tickets st the International Gateway at Epcot. My husband is the military ID holder and activated all 6 tickets while I sat with my daughter- in-law and grandchildren. My son had everyone’s magic bands.

The military member MUST present their military ID. Other members don't present anything, but in the past, they did take down their names. There's no reason for them to run your social or anything else against any list. The military ID is what they want to see.

The "list" they could check is whether the military member has already used his or her allotted 6 tickets for the year. But I don't know why that would be a DOD registry -- I'd think it's more likely it's a list within Disney, since it is in Disney's interest to limit each member's purchase.

The "list" they could check is whether the military member has already used his or her allotted 6 tickets for the year. But I don't know why that would be a DOD registry -- I'd think it's more likely it's a list within Disney, since it is in Disney's interest to limit each member's purchase.

Exactly. I don't know how/where Disney keeps such list, but it must be somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter