• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Salute ticket pricing

czmom

DIS Veteran
Can they have different prices based on where your purchase? I was reading the 5-day hoppers are $224 plus tax. However my dad just called the base ITT and they told him $222 no tax.

I believe when you purchase them at the park they add tax. If you buy from itt or shades there's no tax included. I paid 224 for each from Shades, itt on base quoted me the same price.

Can they have different prices based on where your purchase? I was reading the 5-day hoppers are $224 plus tax. However my dad just called the base ITT and they told him $222 no tax.

ITT and Shades do NOT charge tax. If you buy them at Disney, they will charge tax. The price for 5-day is $224, so either the ITT base was speaking off the top of their head and are wrong OR that particular ITT is giving their soldiers a $2 discount. I've never heard of anyone doing that, but you never know.

I have been reading a lot about the discounts for the military at Disney. The whole thing is very confusing to me. We are planning an 8 day stay at Disney but I can only get the Salute ticket for 5 days. Do I just have to add on a magic your way ticket for 3 days? When I did some numbers for the resort that we want to stay at (Yacht Club is at the very top of the list) for 8 days, with an 8 day base ticket is $6300. If I take the tickets off it's $4100. When I add the salute tickets that brings it to $5255, but I still need to add an additional 3 day ticket for 5 (4 adults 1 child) for another $1100 that brings it right back to $6300. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I have been reading a lot about the discounts for the military at Disney. The whole thing is very confusing to me. We are planning an 8 day stay at Disney but I can only get the Salute ticket for 5 days. Do I just have to add on a magic your way ticket for 3 days? When I did some numbers for the resort that we want to stay at (Yacht Club is at the very top of the list) for 8 days, with an 8 day base ticket is $6300. If I take the tickets off it's $4100. When I add the salute tickets that brings it to $5255, but I still need to add an additional 3 day ticket for 5 (4 adults 1 child) for another $1100 that brings it right back to $6300. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Previously when I've needed more days than the Salute tickets offered, I found it cheaper to buy tickets elsewhere. Disney has a sliding scale making additional days progressively cheaper. Salute tickets aren't always the most bang for your buck in those cases.

When going on longer trip you can buy two Salute tickets per person as long as it won't exceed the 6/yr. We have done this for longer trips and even if you have days left over, you can use them for another short trip. If you can't use the extra days, do the math as it may still end up cheaper to buy the extra Salute ticket even if "wasting" a day or two.

Too early, just noticed you have too many people for that to work for! There are some third party sellers that have a slight discount on tickets that might help, but for a group that size Salute tickets are not much help. Run some numbers and see if the above will help for some of the group and check out Parksavers to see if they have a deal going on that can help.

Last edited:
We purchased the Salute 4 day park hopper at our ITT base office and they were $2 less per ticket. It has always been less than the stated price if you buy them on base.That has been our experience at 2 different bases in Fl.

Last edited:

They can be priced different depending on where you purchase them. When we purchased ours from a military base for our Feb. trip I was only charged $220 per ticket, no tax, plus the cost to ship them to me since we don't live on or near a military base.

The least expensive option for you will probably be to buy six 4-day hoppers and 3 of your 4 adults will use those tickets. Then you can get a military discounted regular 8-day ticket for the other adult and 1 child. If you go to Shades of Green's website, they have the ticket costs listed or your local ITT will have them too. That will put you somewhere between the two.

The other option would be to plan only 5 days in the parks, get the water park & more feature and plan to do the those things on your other 3 days. It would be the cheapest option, but does limit your park time.

Are you getting the military discount for the Yacht Club? Deluxes get a 40% discount, but like all other Disney discounts, they are limited. You have to call Disney to get the discount, and they can assist you with finding a place that still has one for your dates.

Just wanted to verify - I read above that some folks are buying 5 day hopper tickets but my base is only listing 4 day hoppers available. Are there 5 day passes as well? Do this have the option of adding the water parks as they have in previous years?

At DL earlier this summer, they required all parties to be present when activating vouchers for tickets because they take everyone's photo. I assume WDW is not doing this currently?

Thanks for all the help!

Just wanted to verify - I read above that some folks are buying 5 day hopper tickets but my base is only listing 4 day hoppers available. Are there 5 day passes as well? Do this have the option of adding the water parks as they have in previous years?

At DL earlier this summer, they required all parties to be present when activating vouchers for tickets because they take everyone's photo. I assume WDW is not doing this currently?

Not all bases have the 5 day ticket option available, but it is a thing now. The water park option is still a thing. We can add the 5th day and/or the water parks at the theme park ticket windows (or guest relations) if you can't get what you want from your base. Ordering from Shades of Green is also a possibility.

WDW doesn't take photos but we do require all parties to be present to activate the Salute certificates. Some CMs bend that rule but it is the official policy. Tickets from Shades of Green don't require activation.

Thanks so much! I've never ordered directly from Shades of Green. Can that be done online or over the phone? How do they verify military IDs?

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I've never ordered from Shades of Green. Can that be done online or over the phone? How do they verify military IDs?

They ask you to fax your military card. They call to get your credit card info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter