Military Salute 2022… where are you?

Punzel

Earning My Ears
Like many, I am patiently waiting for the Military Salute 2022 to be announced. I want to secure our park reservations. I know others are in the same boat. How long do you plan on waiting? When do I throw in the towel and buy other discounted military tickets?

SERIOUSLY. Why are they playing with our emotions? Disneyland got their renewal months ago. We may end up buying discounted MYW tickets through Shades of Green next month.

I broke down and bought the discounted MYW tickets last week. I keep seeing the crowd level projections going up and wanted to make sure we got park reservations for February. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for room discounts.

I broke down and bought the discounted MYW tickets last week. I keep seeing the crowd level projections going up and wanted to make sure we got park reservations for February. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for room discounts.

I'm not seeing any issues with getting park pass reservations for our dates so I think we'll be okay but I'm getting antsy! Hoping for news w/in the next week or so, otherwise I think I'm going to recommend my party to get their tickets now.

If not for Armed Forces Salute, a trip to WDW would have been a once in a lifetime thing for my family most likely. I am super thankful for the amazing discounts we have gotten over the years. I don't feel any sort of entitlement to have the discount moving forward but if they are not going to renew it, then they need to just announce it.

I am happily retired now but I know the struggle military families go through with scheduling anything. Keeping them waiting like this is just torture for those planning around deployments, training and PCS moves.

If not for Armed Forces Salute, a trip to WDW would have been a once in a lifetime thing for my family most likely. I am super thankful for the amazing discounts we have gotten over the years. I don't feel any sort of entitlement to have the discount moving forward but if they are not going to renew it, then they need to just announce it.

I am happily retired now but I know the struggle military families go through with scheduling anything. Keeping them waiting like this is just torture for those planning around deployments, training and PCS moves.

That's really all I want - a yes or a no. If it's gone, I will definitely miss it and it's been so great for us.

I hope my original post didn't sound entitled. They've been saying for years that the promotion isn't guaranteed to be renewed each year. I just wish they would announce something if they've decided not to continue in 2022. I'm ready to just buy MYW tickets... but knowing my luck, the Salute will be announced the next day.

I am super appreciative of the Salute and SOG making Disney vacations possible for so many military families, including ours.

I just want to suggest checking with your local ITT office before purchasing through Shades of Green. I purchased 8 day MYW tickets last week at my ITT office and they were $3/ticket cheaper than Shades of Green. We have purchased salute tickets twice (at two different ITT offices) and the prices varied but were both cheaper than Shades of Green. I have seen prices vary between ITT offices as well. It is worth checking if you have an ITT close to you. We were able to get the tickets same day.

We are waiting on Resort discounts. We are waiting on the discount to choose between Shades of Green and Port Orleans French Quarter. I am hoping they will have them out by Veteran's Day

The DoD budget has still not be signed into law. Until it is, no new FY2022 contacts can be written.

They have until December to resolve the debt ceiling issue. Don't expect the offer to be announced until that happens and the budget bill is actually signed into law.

Once again, Disneyland did NOT get a 2022 AFS. They simply are having the 2021 version span 2 years. That means servicemembers can only get 6 tickets TOTAL for all of 2021 and 2022.

The DoD budget has still not be signed into law. Until it is, no new FY2022 contacts can be written.

They have until December to resolve the debt ceiling issue. Don't expect the offer to be announced until that happens and the budget bill is actually signed into law.

Once again, Disneyland did NOT get a 2022 AFS. They simply are having the 2021 version span 2 years. That means servicemembers can only get 6 tickets TOTAL for all of 2021 and 2022.

I believe that ITT is covered by non-appropriated fund and not affected by the budget. I’m not understanding how the DOD has any affect on WDW offering discounts for military. Can you explain?

I believe that ITT is covered by non-appropriated fund and not affected by the budget. I’m not understanding how the DOD has any affect on WDW offering discounts for military. Can you explain?

The DoD still signs a contract with Disney every year for this ticket offer. ALL DoD contracts are on hold until the budget is passed, from my understanding. This is also why this deal is announced in mid to late September every year. The new contract is signed as soon as the budget is passed for the next FY.

The DoD still signs a contract with Disney every year for this ticket offer. ALL DoD contracts are on hold until the budget is passed, from my understanding. This is also why this deal is announced in mid to late September every year. The new contract is signed as soon as the budget is passed for the next FY.

Im not sure your statement is true.

Military Salute offers release date have shifted over time (which doesn't align with passing of the federal budgets). Prior to 2016, the offer was released in August. After 2016, the offer shifted to late September. In 2018, we had a CR from Oct 2018- Jan 2019. The government shutdown for 3 days. The DOD did not have a passed budget for the full FY. We also had another shutdown in 2019 in Dec 2019-Jan 2020. The DOD also did not have a passed budget for the full FY. In both these cases, the DOD only had a CR for part of the year and was able to sign an agreement with Disney.

Universal previously paused their military discounted tickets for 2 years after Harry Potter World opened up. Disney might be doing the same thing with the 50th Celebration. The only reason why they might have allowed discounted tickets for the first part of 50th (Oct - Dec) was because of the uncertainty of park attendance and to allow the use of previous salute tickets. Now that people are traveling more, Disney might not feel like they need to release the military discount until 50th is over.

I am just hoping they announce what they plan to do in the next month.

I don't want this to sound rude but I don't believe that has anything at all to do with Disney renewing the Armed Forces Salute discount program.

Hoping they announce something soon - Tuesday 11/2 marks 60 days before January 1st. At that point, people will want tickets/park reservations to make ADRs! Need to know to hold out for Military Salute or buy regular tickets.

Im not sure your statement is true.

Military Salute offers release date have shifted over time (which doesn't align with passing of the federal budgets). Prior to 2016, the offer was released in August. After 2016, the offer shifted to late September. In 2018, we had a CR from Oct 2018- Jan 2019. The government shutdown for 3 days. The DOD did not have a passed budget for the full FY. We also had another shutdown in 2019 in Dec 2019-Jan 2020. The DOD also did not have a passed budget for the full FY. In both these cases, the DOD only had a CR for part of the year and was able to sign an agreement with Disney.

Universal previously paused their military discounted tickets for 2 years after Harry Potter World opened up. Disney might be doing the same thing with the 50th Celebration. The only reason why they might have allowed discounted tickets for the first part of 50th (Oct - Dec) was because of the uncertainty of park attendance and to allow the use of previous salute tickets. Now that people are traveling more, Disney might not feel like they need to release the military discount until 50th is over.

I am just hoping they announce what they plan to do in the next month.

One of those shutdown years we had a January trip planned. The new discount had been announced but there was an on-going fight in congress about the budget. Some of the ITT folks on base were NAF but some were GS. Either way they were shutting down the ITT office on base on Monday if there was no budget passed. The ITT office got their shipment of Salute tickets in on a Friday and told everyone to come in that day to pick them up before everything got shut down. I remember scrambling to the ITT office and telling my wife: well I might not get paid this month (I did) but at least we will have our Disney tickets. LOL.

Disney announced early 2022 discounts for FL residents and AP holders, I'm really hoping we hear something soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter