Military Retiree Discount (Active and Reserve/NG)

I am the military spouse and often travel without DH and have no problem showing my military dependent ID at WDW or on DCL.
Correct - the special rate applies to both the service member/gov employee or their spouse (they don't have to sail together). You'd just bring your dependent ID for check-in (they will verify that you qualify for the special rate at that point - as far as I know, if you can't provide the appropriate ID, you'd be charged the full rate at that point). (I'm also a spouse, and haven't travelled without my husband but I do all the vacation planning so I'm familiar with the policies 😆)

I do think it sucks that honorably discharged veterans are not afforded the Military rates. I was not given a choice on whether I could retire or not when I was forced out with 13 years of service due to the military drawdown. That said all the other cruise lines that I sail on happily take my DD214 and provide discounts....I just don't count on Disney for the same opportunity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter